Check out the new Reptiles Magazine, good article on Mt. Meru Jackson's Chameleons - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-19-2004, 06:36 AM   #1
Intense Herpetoculture
Check out the new Reptiles Magazine, good article on Mt. Meru Jackson's Chameleons

I know, it's a shameless self promotion for my new article in Reptiles Magazine, but still, it's good. If your interested in Mt. Meru Jackson's Chameleons, be sure to check it out in the June issue of Reptiles.

Old 04-19-2004, 10:26 AM   #2
JasonDescamps
Justyn,

Good job on the article. It's good to see meru's profiled somewhere.

Old 04-19-2004, 12:02 PM   #3
Intense Herpetoculture
Thanks Jason. I'm a huge fan of the Meu's and have mny heart's content on establishing them in captivity. I did have a good sized breeding colony there for a while, but lost it due to a few mistakes regarding feeding them flies, but I'm at it again. They really are under valued and hardly ever are kept long term in the US. One day I'll change that.

Old 04-19-2004, 01:47 PM   #4
robin d.

i'm not worthy!!! please teach this young grasshopper

Old 04-19-2004, 02:48 PM   #5
JasonDescamps
Justyn,

That is a species that I plan on working with more this year. I had a small group about 5 years ago that were doing quite well. Had a kid and needed money though so I sold them. I'm still knee deep in my wiedershiemi project right now but I am hoping to free up some time for meru's as well. Again, great job.

Old 04-19-2004, 11:44 PM   #6
Intense Herpetoculture
Jason,
Contact me later his year and I should have some CBB Merus for you, more then willing to trade for some wiedershiemi. I really like a lot of the highland Cameroon chams. I'm still trying to find a good shipment of xenos come in from Uganda, now those I really like. If you have any pics of your guys post them on here, and I'll try to do the same.

Robin,
You're just to funny!

Old 07-06-2004, 09:36 AM   #7
Soulfly
yada yada

I really apologize for digging up this old thread but I thought it necessary since the author of this article will not reply to any of the means I have used to contact him.

I was seriously disappointed that the proper credit wasn't given where it was due...

Justyn, would you care to see the first draft you sent me for revisions and the one I put so much work into and then sent back to you? Or shall I post it here so everyone can see how close it resembles the printed copy?

I don't know what happened man but regardless, why straight up diss me like that?

-JDM

Old 07-06-2004, 11:35 AM   #8
Intense Herpetoculture
Josh, I repleyed to your e-mail which you sent me via Fauna so I have no idea what you are talking about. I gave you credit that was due in the article but it was edited out by the staff at Reptiles, not be me. You saw the draft, and I gave you credit, I have no reason to turn around and stab you in the back after everything you helped me with concerning that article. I was a bit pissed off that proper credit was not given, but I did not see the edited version pripor to it be printed so please do not blame me. You are a great person and a valuable addition to the herp community, I have always thought that and always will. I do not have any issues with you, and I responded to the message you sent me shortly after it arrived in my IntenseHerpetoculture@hotmail.com e-mail box. I thought it was important enough to write back to be late for work because I understood your concern and was pissed off about it myself.

Old 07-06-2004, 06:56 PM   #9
Soulfly
Hmmm.... I can see something within the article being edited but to simply remove credit for work someone contributed sounds absurd to me. I really can't see the editors of such a high profile magazine doing something that reflects plagiarism.

I just know that I put a good deal of time in on that article with all the stuff I added and also going through what you already had. It just bums me out as I am sure it would you or anyone else!

-Josh

Old 10-02-2004, 05:11 PM   #10
crawling_lion
Incorrect Spelling

Hi,

Congratulations on the article, I truly enjoyed it. The only problem I found with the article was the incorrect spelling of the subspecific name ("merumontana" as opposed to "merumontanus"). Since the genus and subgenus are in masculine form [Chamaeleo (Trioceros)], the species and subspecies names MUST be maintained consistent. This is perhaps the number one mistake people make when trying to spell taxonomic names (even book authors have made this mistake!!).

Thus, the correct spelling for the Mt. Meru Jackson's chameleon is:

Genus: Chamaeleo
Subgenus (in parenthesis): Trioceros
Species: jacksonii
Subspecies: merumontanus

*Note that only the genus and subgenus are capitalized.

If you're ever wondering the correct spelling (current) of most species check out the new book by P. Necas titled: CHAMELEONS: Nature's Hidden Jewels (2004).

Regards,

Fabian

--------

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!