My 1st GTP & it's a CB Lereh! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
NorthernRegius.com
My 1st GTP & it's a CB Lereh!

Well, after 10 years of raising Python Regius and dabbling with SD retics... I am getting my 1st GTP!

I'm very excited as I've always wanted one of these, but waited due to the more advanced care that Arboreal snakes require.

I've read GTP care-sheets, but I am double checking here about set-up.

I intend to set the new guy/girl up in a tub initially with two PVC perches.
Substrate: sphagnum moss.
Heat: Side heat set to 89-90F
Humidity: I can maintain 40% by running a humidifier & raise it by misting 1 -2 times a day.
Water bowl is off ground near the perches as I've heard that would better insure the snake can reach it...

Later, I'd like to do a nice Viv set-up, but initially does this set-up sound ok? Any tips are welcome. Also if there are anything special about the Lereh locality you'd like to pass on it's very welcome too!

Thanks in Advance!

Old 04-05-2013, 11:01 AM   #2
NorthernRegius.com

Photo of my GTP.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:44 AM   #3
Edwardo
Hi,

I keep my arboreals around 82 to 84degs as a day time high.
I try not to get them over 85 degs, its not really necessary.

40% humidity is a little low for a tropical reptile, try and get it at least 60%.

Nice snake, good luck.

Old 04-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #4
NorthernRegius.com
Thanks Robert,

I live in the desert SW so getting to even 40% RH is work, but I got the room where (s)he will be to this level using a room humidifier. I wanted to ensure everything is working before I get the Lereh in so thanks for the help.

I've been misting the tub & tracking inside RH- it initially spikes higher but it looks like I can get the low end RH to 60% by hand misting. I dialed down the heat pad to 88F & now I get 85-86F hot-spot in the tub, cool end is mid 70s. I'll dial it down a bit more.

I ultimately want to set up a nice display Viv

I am going with a nice perch system like this:
http://www.insertswork.com/id3.html & a live plant or two.

Considering a 36"l x 18-24"h x 24" w viv retro-fitted with plexi top. It'll have heat and adjustable side vents. I'm looking at a sphagnum moss & perhaps coconut husk substrate with a few orchids... overhead full spectrum light on a 12hr timer...

I'm trying to figure if I want to set a misting system or fogger for the RH. Which would be better?

Thanks again for the help.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!