Leopard Gecko eyes look fine, but blind, toe loss, and spots - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-21-2016, 07:02 PM   #1
Curlydragon
Question Leopard Gecko eyes look fine, but blind, toe loss, and spots

Story:
Tank is a 10 gallon. Repticarpet, water dish, hot hide, moist hide, dish with herptivite and calcium powder, and decorative plant are all that's in it.
Temperature is around 85-90 in hot hide. Used to have 2 heat pads because winter is very cold here and it would get to high 90s. Cool side is room temperature, which is high 60s.
We recently got shed off of our Murphy's patternless gecko's eyes. They seem to be clear now, they look bright, but they have a dark black rim around them between the eyelid and eye. Our gecko only reacts to big objects' shadows moving, and seems to bump into things a lot
He also lost 2 toes on the front from shed. I soaked his toes in warm water and gently got the shed off of them, but two if them have black nubs at the end. Will these heal themselves?
Tail is fat, fairly active.
Has four dark spots on his back, like freckles. Not sure what these are, but they haven't seemed to bother him.
There was shed stuck around his mouth near his eyes from the stuck shed on his eyes. but warm water got that off. Little bleeding from the edge of the mouth.
The top of his head is slightly cloudy, could this be stuck shed or a fungal infection?
Gecko used to have MBD, but this was cured with supplements

Questions:
I am wondering if he has an eye infection, or parasites. Perhaps the freckles are parasite symptoms, and thats why the eyes look ok but he is blind?
Should i purchase terramycin eye ointment, or will vitamin a supplements or Flukers Repti-aid do the trick?
Is this a genetic thing of Murphy's patternless morphs?
I thought the sunken in eyes could be from dehydration and overheating, so i removed a heat pad so there is only one under the hot hide. I gave him some water from a syringe, which he then proceeded to pee a lot immediately, so maybe not dehydrated?
i am purchasing Flukers repti-aid and Zoomed Shed aid to help so far.

Old 01-21-2016, 07:32 PM   #2
snowgyre
It's hard to give any prognoses without photos. Please take photos and upload them here.

Old 01-24-2016, 11:00 PM   #3
Curlydragon
ok ill take them in the morning
warning that i dont have access to a high quality camera
he also had a poo which was slightly green and had sticky mucus on it
he is shedding again, hopefully it will come off easier

Old 01-27-2016, 02:41 PM   #4
Curlydragon
see Gunther's album in my profile for the pictures
@snowgyre

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
blindness, eye, leopard gecko, shedding, spots