Would you risk it? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #1
oskyle1567
Would you risk it?

Im interested in buying a normal female that was supposedly with a hidden gene wama and platy daddy... Would you guys risk it? The breed said he witnessed copulation a month ago and said he would back one up before he ships.. What are the chances of hitting gold? Is it worth buying for the gamble or is it a shot in the dark for her to ovulate.. If it doesn't work out i would be paying $400 for a normal which wouldn't be the end of the world.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #2
TacticalMorphs
Have you seen the price of a HGW.
I CALL BS. IF ITS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT PROBRABLY IS. DONT DO IT. If i had a lock with an animal of that value i wouldnt be selling for 400

Old 05-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #3
oskyle1567
lol yeah i figured im not much of a risk taker it just intrigued me. Its allot of money for a normal

Old 05-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #4
TacticalMorphs
Quote:
Originally Posted by oskyle1567 View Post
lol yeah i figured im not much of a risk taker it just intrigued me. Its allot of money for a normal
You are better off investing that money in some hets to get yourself something nice.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #5
gsrept
not worth the risk. i would be willing to bet it has locked up with nothing

Old 05-06-2012, 07:56 PM   #6
oskyle1567
Yeah definitely not going to go with it way too risky. Im sure shes going to reabsorb her follicles due to the stress of shipping and a new home most likely.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:53 PM   #7
MrBig
I bought a black pastel female and the breeder did me a solid and bred here to a platinum, she is still building. My thoughts are, I was buying her anyway so if she goes then cool. If not she will be bigger next year.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:00 AM   #8
Randy F
Hey Kyle, I have a hidden gene woma granite yb male and anything he breeds does not leave. I would rather keep a normal bred to him then sell her cheap. You wouldnt buy her for what I would ask. Sorry but if she is building its a paycheck waiting to cashed. In Mikes case, if I was selling you a morph female and you asked me to put a mid level male with it first I would. High end stuff is to be saved for your own projects.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #9
JustChad04
I would ask for pictures of the locks with the alleged males. AND a price drop lol. Otherwise no dont do it.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #10
MrBig
and a price drop? what a joke!!!! Personally the fact that she was bred to 2 sires is what would ruin it for me. You couldn't sell anything that isn't lesser as a het platty because it may have been sired by the HG woma. I personally wouldn't buy a snake simply for what it may have been bred to, I only buy snakes that I want not for what may come from the possible breeding. If the breeder is good enough to pair something with before or after I decide I want that particular female, then it's just gravy on top. What Rob did for me and what Randy agreed he would do in the same situation, is the extra service that would keep me coming back to buy from them over someone else but not the reason I would have purchased in the first place.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!