Any repo men (or women) out there? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 03-16-2005, 08:28 PM   #1
ms_terese
Any repo men (or women) out there?

This might sound odd, but is there a way to run a vehicle's VIN number to find out if it's on a repo list?

To make a long story short, my ex had offered to give my daughter a car he was no longer driving. I went to Colorado to pick it up and drove it back here. He and my daughter had a falling out, and the car has been parked at my house for the last 18 months. Of course, there's no insurance on it, and the plates have been expired for about 4 months now. I've been asking him repeatedly to get the car out of here. He lives in Arizona, so he has no inclination to come here to pick up this car. Recently, my son inquired of him whether or not he'd be willing to give him the car, as he's in need of some wheels. After a few days of conversations back and forth, he finally tells my son that he "thought" the car was paid off, but he just found out from the bank that they never received $2,600 worth of payments, and he now has to dig up the receipts before he can get the title.

I'm assuming that if the car was supposed to be paid off in November, 2003 and he hasn't made any payments since then, the car is being looked for. Does anyone know how I can find out?

Old 03-17-2005, 09:15 AM   #2
Draconis
You should be able to contact the DMV in his area and they can tell you if the car has a free and clear title. If it does not the title will list the lein-holder and you can contact them if you wish to make good on the outstanding balance.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!