For Sale axanthic blue iguana - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Iguanas

Notices

Old 08-25-2011, 01:08 AM   #1
DJKapeesh
Post axanthic blue iguana

Iguana was sold. Thanks everyone for your interest
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 08-25-2011, 02:30 AM   #2
Kita
Why do the reflections in the glass show a pet store's shelf of fish tank filters and magazines?

Old 08-25-2011, 04:12 AM   #3
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kita View Post
Why do the reflections in the glass show a pet store's shelf of fish tank filters and magazines?
Interesting question - well spotted!

Old 08-27-2011, 01:42 AM   #4
typherp
probably because it was taken at Petco.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:23 AM   #5
Kita
Quote:
Originally Posted by typherp View Post
probably because it was taken at Petco.
Yes, that's what I was thinking as well, but I wanted to put it nicely instead of being straight forward. This isn't the first time I've seen this done, though the other was an expo seller who could only stutter his bs cover story.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:42 AM   #6
Drsam
Do you still have this animal for sale?

Sam

Old 09-17-2011, 12:30 PM   #7
Tenor Goddess
The person to ask if these are really axanthic would be Tom Crutchfield given he does breed true axanthics (among others).
The iguanas they are selling at Petco labeled "Turquoise iguana" or other such colorful names, are ALL imports and they canNOT guarantee they will keep their color (even regular green colored green iguanas can vary a bit on their coloration as they reach adulthood...to guarantee a baby will keep that same intense green even is a farce unless it is a specifically bred trait like Tom's iguanas). I inquired on them to find out where they were getting off calling them something they are not.

What I can guarantee, is they are the same species, Green Iguana (iguana iguana), period. Just like the red iguanas, they are all Green Iguanas, the same ones that get dumped all too frequently.
In all likelihood, this blue will fade as they mature. The only way to tell that is to raise them up. These imported colors are still just from local specific and possibly dependent on what they eat (it depends on what you're asking at).

They still require the same advanced level care that any Green Iguana does however.

Kindest regards,

Amanda Rose

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
adoption, axanthic, iguana