watery stool - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-14-2008, 08:42 AM   #1
leacam
watery stool

I noticed my bearded dragon had had a few watery stools over the past few days, do you think he could be sick? or is this normal from time to time. I did have him out of his cage for a few hours yesterday on a leash for the first time so I am not sure if it is related to being nervous. He is a couple of months old and I have been working with him trying to get him to tust me. I have been taking him out of his cage twice a day for the past week now. If anyone has any ideas can you please let me know?

Old 09-14-2008, 07:36 PM   #2
outsdr2
Hi Sandra! Loose stools could be normal depending on the diet.I know if I feed mine for instance silkworms or hornworms the stools get loose. Lettuce can also make a beardie loose. Can you give us a rundown of your beardies diet for the last week. If the beardie is new to your household a vet visit is usually a good idea, with a follow up fecal annually after that. I am sure other keepers will be glad to offer their two cents as well.

Jack

Old 09-14-2008, 09:14 PM   #3
leacam
watery stool

Thank you Jack for the reply. My bearded dragon is a few months old, he is eating mealworms, waxworms and crickets, I have tried the veggie thing and so far he hasnt touched it. I was thinking maybe having him out of his cage and everyone touching him just made him nervous. I brought him into petco so they could all see how big he was getting and they just happened to be having a pet parade so there were lots of people touching him. He seemed ok today when he went to the bathroom so I am thinking maybe he is fine. How long have you had your beardie? Does yours bite?? I got bit once by mine, I am still working with him on the trust issue. I still take him out of his cage a few times a day and hold him as much as possible.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:06 PM   #4
outsdr2
Hi Sandra Hows your beardie doing today? I have been into reptiles all my life, having been raised in the sticks was a big help. My beardies are all over two years. the reason I say it like that is they were rescues and age is really unknown. I have never had a bite from a beardie. although I do own one that displays sometimes by black bearding and mouth wide open. When I see this I always put my hand right in to see if it will bite and he never does. anyways hope things are well with your beardie.
Jack

Old 09-25-2008, 01:11 AM   #5
LadyGecko
Hi Sandra
Gaining your new Beardies trust is important but since you have just recently re-homed Him/Her I would slow down on the handling to once per day

I agree with the idea of a fecal check and I think that along with that-leaving the little one to settle in for a few weeks will help him/her settle down

As was said-diet makes a big difference in their stools but you do want to rule out parasites especially if he was kept in with other Beardies at the pet store

Little ones are just more nervous in general because of their small size and viewing everything larger than they are as a potential predator

Good Luck with your new Beardie

Sandy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!