For Sale Small collection of turtles! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 12:10 PM   #1
primazelda
Small collection of turtles!

Hello,

I have a few turtles here that are currently for sale. Prices are all negotiable, and may change based upon what's offered.

--2 red-bellied cooter hatchlings. They're about two and a half inches in shell length. $15.00 each

--2 eastern painted hatchlings. They're about two inches in shell length. $15.00 each

--3 northern diamondback hatchlings. They're about two and a half inches in shell length. $20.00 each

Note these prices does not include shipping. By law all turtles under the length of four inches must also only be used for export, educational, research, exhibition, or zoological purposes only.

Thank you for your time and consideration!
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-18-2010, 06:04 PM   #2
ezra821
how much would shipping be to 60477?

Old 04-18-2010, 06:10 PM   #3
ezra821
Did you still have the northern diamond backs? Do you ever have any concentric diamondbacks, I was really wanting to get one of those too.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:38 PM   #4
primazelda
I'm not sure what the shipping cost would be. It's something that I will have to look up for you. I do still have the three diamondback terrapins for sale, and their patterns I believe are concentric. From what I can tell, they are in the northern subspecies.

Hope this helps. I'll try to get back to you as soon as I'm able on the shipping cost for your area.

Edit: Concentric diamondbacks are also not one of the seven subspecies of diamondback terrapins. I'm not sure if you were aware of this or not, because I certainly wasn't until I did a little bit of research on the web. In fact, when people refer to concentric they're talking about the pattern formed on the turtle's carapace. So when someone says that a diamondback is a concentric, they're talking about the pattern the scutes make on their shells.

The seven subspecies discovered and recorded are the following: Northern, Carolinan, Florida East Coast, Mangrove, Ornate, Mississippi, and Texas

Edit: I hope I didn't come across as a know-it-all. I just thought it was something interesting.
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-18-2010, 11:03 PM   #5
ezra821
Okay because there are northern diamondbacks and then others including concentric diamondbacks and I am interested in those too. Could you send me pic at kpuff15@yahoo.com

Old 04-20-2010, 12:22 AM   #6
jkerkos
Diamondbacks

Hi i was wondering if the diamondback turtles are still available and if you would happen to have pics?
You can contact me at jyleskerkos@yahoo.com

Old 04-20-2010, 05:43 PM   #7
primazelda
Okay, here's a little update on what I have available. Due to so many people offering to buy the three diamondbacks I am now declaring that they are no longer available. I will post the few pictures that I've taken of them and then those people who have already offered to take them can decide whether or not they still do.

As for the four other turtles available, I can't stress enough how much I need them to find new homes. I have other turtles coming in and could really use the space. So...I'm dropping their prices from the $15.00 offered to $10.00.

Here are a few pictures.

First are the three diamondbacks.

Attachment 137647

Attachment 137648

Attachment 137649
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-20-2010, 05:51 PM   #8
primazelda
Now here are a few pictures of the red bellied cooters.

Hatchling 1:

Attachment 137650

Attachment 137651

Hatchling 2: Note that he does have a little nook in his plastron, but other than that he's healthy and active.

Attachment 137652

Attachment 137653
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-20-2010, 06:09 PM   #9
primazelda
Okay, now last but not least here are the pictures of the eastern painteds.

Hatchling 1:

Note his shell is curling up a little bit; however, from everyone I've talked to he's still healthy. He's just as active as the others, and TurtleSource.com seems to think that it may be the hard water. I live in the midwest, and the particular area I live in has a lot of minerals in the water. His food and everything checks out just like the others.

Attachment 137660

Attachment 137661

Hatchling 2:

Attachment 137664

Attachment 137665
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-20-2010, 10:43 PM   #10
ezra821
The diamond backs are adorable, i want them even more now. Let me know shipping and all and I am interested.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread

Tags
turtle