FedEx shipping quality down the toilet? - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 12-03-2021, 10:45 AM   #51
Socratic Monologue
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
AmEx or a different CC? My AmEx has always had my back with minimal issues when there's been a problem with a vendor.
Mastercard through Capitol One. They've been trouble free regarding dealing with fraud (my CC number has been stolen -- no exaggeration here -- at least 6 times in the last ten years) but this is the first dispute I recall filing with them.

I know there are very understandable reasons to refuse to use PayPal, but they've been great with disputes like this for me. I always try to use PayPal checkout when I can.

Old 12-04-2021, 12:20 AM   #52
WebSlave
Hmm, that earlier incident I mentioned concerning Home Depot was paid for via my Visa account with Capitol One. Didn't have a bit of trouble disputing the charge. The woman I talked to on the phone was fully sympathetic and breezed right through the process, to make it easy on me getting it done. She was actually incredulous that Home Depot blew me off like they did.

I was highly impressed with the way she handled it.

Perhaps it was because Amazon was involved in your case?

Old 12-04-2021, 08:08 AM   #53
Socratic Monologue
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post

Perhaps it was because Amazon was involved in your case?
That entered my thinking as well. I got a strong impression that Amazon plays hardball with CC disputes; some of their automated responses mentioned that a customer's Amazon account may be suspended during disputes.

Amazon didn't get where it is by providing sunshine and cuddles all around, that's for certain.

Old 12-04-2021, 01:56 PM   #54
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
That entered my thinking as well. I got a strong impression that Amazon plays hardball with CC disputes; some of their automated responses mentioned that a customer's Amazon account may be suspended during disputes.

Amazon didn't get where it is by providing sunshine and cuddles all around, that's for certain.
I believe you are correct. A dispute I had a long while back involving Amazon is the ONLY credit card dispute I have ever had that did not go in my favor. Consequently I stopped buying from Amazon for the longest time. And I only do so now when there is absolutely no other option available to me. I had to create a new account because I closed my original account with Amazon when this all went down. I also dropped that credit card account involved at the time, too. What was interesting was that the representative I talked to at the credit card company was clearly on my side and supportive of my case. But obviously someone further up the chain of command intervened.

BTW, prices on Amazon have gone up compared to other competing sellers. I'm not sure people still price shop, but they really should do so rather than buying from anyone blindly just out of habit. Sometimes you will find a better price on Amazon, but it is not a given. Used to be that you could be pretty much guaranteed to find the best price on Amazon. That is no longer true. Interestingly enough, if you look hard enough you can often find Ebay sellers that are just Amazon resellers that are selling at prices cheaper than you can get the same items from Amazon. Of course, you won't know that until you get the Amazon packaging showing up at your door, with a note that it is a "gift" from the seller. Doesn't seem to happen as often any longer, but it has happened to me often enough that by habit I compare prices just to check. So it appears that Amazon also sucked in competing Ebay sellers into it's web.

And another black mark, IMHO, against Amazon is that I truly believe that they lobbied heavily to have that nationwide interstate sales tax crap foisted upon us. Bezos knew full well that with Amazon having distribution centers in nearly every state, that without leveling the playing field with state sales taxes it would put Amazon at a distinct disadvantage compared to most other online sellers only charging sales tax within their own state. A pox on that rat. IMHO.

Old 12-04-2021, 02:49 PM   #55
Socratic Monologue
I never thought about Amazon being behind the sales tax issue, but a quick online search suggests that this is true, or generally accepted as true.

As to Amazon strong-arming CC companies, it is nearly inconceivable that they wouldn't.

And, following on Melinda's comment, I did some further research into customer experiences and now have an AmEx card on the way. Thank you for mentioning that.

Old 03-06-2022, 08:59 PM   #56
WebSlave
Oh gee, I can't WAIT!!

I just got this email a few minutes ago, btw.
Attached Images

Old 11-09-2022, 04:44 PM   #57
WebSlave
And still FedEx is screwing up. Had a delivery a month ago that was left down at the end of the driveway. Filed a BBB complaint about it. A rep from FedEx called me and assured me that the problem was being addressed and would be resolved.

So today I get two packages delivered by FedEx. Yep. Left down at the end of the driveway. Tracking info shows that the driver has stated that the packages were left at the "gated driveway", seemingly implying that the gate was closed. That gate hasn't been closed for decades. So I took pics and filed another BBB complaint about it. Asked what sort of resolution I wanted, I stated that either the driver, the supervisor, or both, need to be fired because they apparently cannot follow simple instructions from corporate upper management. Just do your damned job or do a job you are more qualified and capable to hold down.

I really REALLY do not need yet something else on my plate right now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!