Looking for updated crested education. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-07-2021, 04:12 PM   #1
hupababy_83
Looking for updated crested education.

So I haven’t been in the gecko community in many years, but my daughter wants to get back into crested and gargoyles. She’s 15 now and pretty responsible, so I said yes. We have been looking on YouTube, and she pointed out no one was using lights or heating pads on the tubs. Are they no longer needed? Did I miss something in the years I been away? I was always told to have UVB and heat for my geckos;, cresteds, hybrids, leachie, giant day, tokay…. Can someone please educate me on this. I don’t want my daughter, or myself doing something that is going to harm her future pets. We live in an apartment so she is interested in tubs and not the glass enclosures, so that’s what we are looking to do.

Old 10-31-2021, 02:16 PM   #2
nsime
Hey! I know this post is a little old but, thought I would give my input. So, I have been keeping cresties since 2006 ish, I had groups with light and without lights and I never really seen a difference. I don't really keep lights on them anymore unless they are in a bioactive but its more for the plants, its just been my experience that they just hide from the lights. But, others recommended it with the mindset of, "it doesn't hurt all it can do is help" which I agree, but if there is zero difference then I'm not going to waste the electric or natural resources lol. The only things I did notice is that it sometimes "grays them out" instead of showing their natural color, but a few hours of the light off brings back their natural color

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!