Chat working for anyone else..?.. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 01-11-2004, 12:33 AM   #1
MR_Jungle_Mist
Chat working for anyone else..?..

Just wondering if anyone else can get into the chat room. I tried earlier but figured it was me, and I just tried again just a few minutes ago and it's not opening for me again. Anyone else?

Old 01-11-2004, 12:43 AM   #2
dself40
It wont let me in either...I have tried and tried it will only load up the banners but not the room.

Old 01-11-2004, 12:55 AM   #3
Hlynn1975
I'm glad it's not just me. I was just going to start a thread like this.

Old 01-11-2004, 12:58 AM   #4
MR_Jungle_Mist
*from the back of the Fauna class*

...putting my hand up in the air, desperately trying to catch Rich's attention like a 10 year old needing to go to the bathroom...

We need a reboot when you have a moment please!

Thanks!

Old 01-11-2004, 01:01 AM   #5
dself40
Man you are nuts...lol..

Old 01-11-2004, 02:30 AM   #6
WebSlave
Dang it all........

I've been having some odd problems cropping up on a daily basis since I moved to this new server. The one I put my hosted domains for other people on seems to be solid (knock on wood) but mine seems to be infested with gremlins.

I tried to restart the java engine as well as the chat system. The java engine started up OK, but the chat engine fails to start.

Now what?

I'm about ready to lose my cool about this server crap.

Sorry about this. Man, that's ALL I need right now is to go through another server move......

Old 01-11-2004, 03:07 AM   #7
JungleHabitats
hey Webslave

here have some FRESH Oreos & milk .... we can live a few minutes without CHAT ... uhmm maybe lol hope its nothing major bad messed up for ya ...
.. oh yeah .. have you been feeding the server after midnight ? you said GREMLINS !!!!! just shine a flashlight in the server ... it worked on TV lol

Old 01-11-2004, 01:48 PM   #8
WebSlave
Chat room is back up.

The guy that installed the java engine for me used a different type than I had been using. So I think I will go back to the original one I have been using with no problems.

Let me know if this drops out again.

Old 01-11-2004, 08:50 PM   #9
Missymonkey
Unhappy Sugguestions, other than throw your computer out the window?

Everytime I visit the chat site it pops up a little message saying that I need Microsoft Java Virtual Machine to run chat, and would I like to download it? I say yes please. Then I get sent to a microsoft site that says that I don't have Microsoft Java Virtual Machine and sucks to be you because you can't view the chat site.

Is this because I am running stupid Windows XP? Holy mother of Moses I hate XP!

Old 01-11-2004, 09:53 PM   #10
MR_Jungle_Mist
Melissa-

A few message down there is a thread with something like "can't get into chat?" or "having problems with chat" or something. Have a look and click on the link there to see if that download helps you at all. It's worked for me and a few others. Might be the solution to your problem as well!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!