Deleting my posts - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 06-07-2005, 08:24 PM   #1
dave84
Question Deleting my posts

I posted on the help forum and tried to delete it without success, isn't that one of the privilages of being a contributing member?

Old 06-07-2005, 08:40 PM   #2
WebSlave
"Posts" are not the same as "threads". Are you sure you tried to use the correct function? Also, the delete capability is not enabled for all forums on the site. And in particular, I try to restrict the capability of anyone being able to delete someone else's posts, even made on a thread that you started. Some people would be upset if someone else were able to delete their messages when an entire thread is deleted.

Old 06-07-2005, 09:09 PM   #3
dave84
OK makes sense, but if I were to delete a thread I started with others posts on it they would lose their posts, as in the post itself or their record of that post (like mine is 58-60 or something close) or would they lose both?

Old 06-08-2005, 02:13 AM   #4
DAND
Both, their posts would be deleted and their post number would be lowered by the amount of posts they had made within the thread.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!