pastel ball Python - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-26-2003, 05:53 PM   #1
dekonn
Red face pastel ball Python

IM looking for info on a pastel ball Python
how would i tell the different from a sibling of a pastel and a true pastel

Old 12-26-2003, 06:08 PM   #2
NEWReptiles
When they hatch out you will know without a doubt which babies are pastels. They are very light when they hatch and look nothing like the normal colored sibling.
Attached Images

Old 12-26-2003, 06:10 PM   #3
NEWReptiles
The top pic is the pastel with my lightest female.

This is a small pastel with a darker baby.
Attached Images

Old 12-26-2003, 06:12 PM   #4
NEWReptiles
This is what a great looking pastel looks like just after pipping.
Attached Images

Old 01-09-2004, 08:47 PM   #5
dself40
Al,
Tell me a little more about the Pastels.I have a male WC that looks as good as some of the pastels being offered.But I have heard that all pastels have a realy clean belly?Is that true or just talk?I will try and get some good pics of him and see what ya'll think.He isnt just an awesome looking snake but he looks as good as some of the low grade pastels I have seen

Old 01-09-2004, 08:53 PM   #6
NEWReptiles
To the best of my knowledge, EVERY pastel has a clean white belly. I haven't seen one yet that has had any pattern on its belly.

Who did you purchase the animal from and was it sold to you as a pastel?
Attached Images

Old 01-09-2004, 08:56 PM   #7
dself40
Al,I bought it as a very nice looking male.It wasnt said to be anything but a nice looking male but man he has all the colors and all of a pastel.But his belly isnt all that clean in my book.I will go and see if I can get some good pics of him.I was just wondering on him.I know I plan to breed him to a few females next yr to see what happens.I will post some pics here in a few..Thanks for the reply Al.

Old 01-09-2004, 09:22 PM   #8
dself40
Al,
I went to get him and take pics and he is in a shed cycle So he is dark.But I will post pics as soon as he sheds.Sorry about that guess I should have went and looked before I posted..lol..Thanks for the reply and I will update as soon as he sheds..

Old 06-08-2004, 09:45 PM   #9
dself40
Al, here is the pics

Al here is the pics I said I would get.lol...just a little longer than I thought...lmao..But here is some pics of his true colors and so forth the pics were taken outside in natural sun light.I cant firgure out how to post the pics here but here is the link to the whole folder.

http://imageevent.com/dself/ballpythons

Old 06-22-2004, 07:13 PM   #10
joels417
That looks to be a high gold normal.

Pastels have gold eyes...I do have an adult female pastel that has Green eyes...gorgeous. But most pastels have gold eyes and a very faded head.

Looking at the pics, that looks to be a normal. A very good looking one though.

Good luck.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!