It seems there is more to this MKR thing than just blowing out surplus stock. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-15-2006, 06:27 PM   #1
High End Herps Inc
It seems there is more to this MKR thing than just blowing out surplus stock.

I have been forum hopping and reading different threads and I came across one on Constrictors.com (Wilbanks site) about some big friccass between Bob Clark, Mike Wilbanks, Ralph Davis, Neil Gubitz and some guy named Eric from overseas that produced the original white balls that apparently got upset with Wilbanks and Clark for not giving him due credit. Here is the link:

http://constrictors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9735

I'm just wondering if anyone knows what the heck is going on here between these guys that is causing the market to crash on ball morphs. Although this event was/is inevitable, it seems to be a tad premature. It seems there is a lot more to this that meets the eye. Like something between the above fellahs and that MKR and others might be intentionally crashing the market so as to get at some of the self important "big names" in the business.

If anyone can help clear this up I would sure be interested in knowing what the heck is really going on. At least here it won't be one sided and biased.

David Beauchemin

Old 08-15-2006, 06:46 PM   #2
SPJ
This whole fiasco is just frustrating.

Yes prices will drop but like you said, it appears there is more to this than meets the eye.

I really doubt this will affect the big breeders but someone small who has thousands of $$$ invested in BP's only to see the market crash in front of them a year later are the ones who will be impacted the most IMO.

It hurts to know that what you paid several thousand for a few short months ago in reality is now worth less than 1/2 of that on the market today.

Old 08-15-2006, 06:50 PM   #3
NEWReptiles
To the best of my knowledge Gubitz has nothing to do with anything......

Old 08-15-2006, 10:11 PM   #4
bznj
Neil McCrum is the Neil involved.

Old 08-16-2006, 08:52 AM   #5
Cat_72
Well, from what I read on Mike Wilbanks' forum, I know all I think I need to know. All involved have now posted, it seems, and the thread there has been locked.

Looks like someone else is trying to screw a few folks over, which in turn will only end up screwing many of the rest of us over, but MKR is just the one giving him a reacharound to help him do it.

It's nice to know who us "little guys" mean absolutely nothing to....we're just "acceptable casualties" in someone else's petty war, I guess.

Old 08-16-2006, 09:33 AM   #6
harrellharrell
I would like to apologize for defending MKR at the beginning. I did not have all the facts and should have stayed out of it. I was only stating what he had told me at the beginning of the season and I see now that I was misguided.
Meliisa

Old 08-16-2006, 09:46 AM   #7
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrellharrell
I would like to apologize for defending MKR at the beginning. I did not have all the facts and should have stayed out of it. I was only stating what he had told me at the beginning of the season and I see now that I was misguided.
Meliisa

You were operating on what information you had, and said what you believed was right. I don't think an apology is necessary, but it is a very nice gesture nonetheless. MKR had a LOT of folks fooled....me included, at one time.

Old 08-16-2006, 11:13 AM   #8
High End Herps Inc
More to it than even that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
MKR had a LOT of folks fooled....me included, at one time.
I did a little more digging last night and found out a whoooole lot more about this little drama. It seems that anyone posting in the thread on Constrictor forums with a contrary opinion to Mikes and Bobs was immediately deleted and arbitrarily banned. What I found on Ralph Davis' site was a lot more revealing and straightforward.

It seems that this all dates back to 2003 with the original BEW ball. The guy that actually produced it sold some "hets" to Clark and Wilbanks. They marketed these hets and misrepresented the "BEW" snake as an "All white snake" even though the only one in existance that was still with Eric Davies overseas had yellow spots on it. Apparently Eric Davies got upset when he saw that they had the photos of his snake doctored so as to erase the yellow spots to in turn market their "hets" as het for all white. He felt it was dishonest and he wanted no part of it.

Here is a post right from the horses mouth on the subject and a link to the entire thread on the matter. It blew my mind when I read it. I never would have figured something like this going on with any of the bigger breeders.

Quote[/I think it is now time for me to add my 'sixpenneth' on this sorry state of affairs.
Firstly, Clark and I never had a 'Deal' or a 'Partnership'with regard to the Fires.
Secondly, I became unhappy with the way that the Fires and Black-eyed Leucistics were being marketted by Clark and objected to the way that Clark had had the small, yellow marks removed from the picture of the first BEL and claimed it to be a totally white snake without blemish.
At the time, we had produced a number of Fires and the BEL male, so I did not think it wise to claim that the morph was a co-dominent and that the BEL was the Super Fire, before PROVING fully that it was,although Clark claimed right away that the Fire morph was.
It was not until a couple of years later that I was able to produce 100% Fires from the BEL X Normal matings and eventually PROVE the morph out as co-dominent.
Wilbanks claim that Ralph was instrumental in my falling out with Clark is rediculous! Clarks own marketting practices were the reason that I fell out with him - and just as a BTW, I didn't even know that Mike Wilbanks existed when I first sold the Fires to Clark, he was never mentioned!
Ralph Davis has never been anything more than just a damn good friend to me, he has paid Clark a considerable amount of money out of his own pocket when Clark claimed that I owed him a proportion of the promotional costs incurred by him advertising the Fires and BEL.
Ralph has never asked me or my partners if he could be involved in the Fire 'project'and has even purchased from us a number of Fires and a BEL female AT MARKET PRICE!
To Wilbanks and 'Little Nuts' - Grow up the pair of you, and stop acting like a couple of spoiled brats! Your jealousy of Ralph and what he has achieved is getting tiresome. Eric Davies/]End Quote

Link to thread:
http://www.ralphdavisreptiles.com/fo...90&whichpage=5

David Beauchemin

Old 08-16-2006, 01:04 PM   #9
RJBILBY

Did you read the reply to this on the original link you posted?

Old 08-16-2006, 02:32 PM   #10
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJBILBY
Did you read the reply to this on the original link you posted?
Exactly!! Have you been back and read all of the additional posts on that original thread you posted??? There are plenty of "conflicting" posts still up, as well as an answer to the very post you just put up......including original emails from Eric and Ralph to Mike and Bob that paint a VERY different picture than what Ralph is trying to paint......

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!