Desert Females.. Can they produce? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-07-2013, 09:17 AM   #11
TexasVipRoom
GOOD IDEA. i do like it! I also like the idea of playing with the temps as they grow from a hatchling. I completely understand the risk that is involved as well and I agree it is a tough one to debate on going for it or not. I just hope if someone has been able to breed these guys successfully they will share and not die with the secret. They are beautiful snakes. I have a hard time believing that the wild caught ones dont breed. If we only had a crystal ball to look into lol

Old 02-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #12
snakesRkewl
Shots in the dark while the females suffer.

We are playing with messed up genes(morphs) and some are bound to have issues.
Spiders, super cinny's, super lessers, super champs, super HGW, the list goes on.
It's sad about the desert but not overly surprising given the number of other morphs with issues.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #13
PlatinumRosePythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesRkewl View Post
Shots in the dark while the females suffer.

We are playing with messed up genes(morphs) and some are bound to have issues.
Spiders, super cinny's, super lessers, super champs, super HGW, the list goes on.
It's sad about the desert but not overly surprising given the number of other morphs with issues.
What is the problem with super lessers? I've never heard of super lessers having problems.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #14
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumRosePythons View Post
What is the problem with super lessers? I've never heard of super lessers having problems.
They can have bug-eyes.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:55 PM   #15
aReyoUherper
even when they do produce eggs they rarely turn out deserts, if ever...i wonder if breeders let you know about these problems before you give theme 2000 usd for a beautiful but otherwise useless snake for what you intend to have her for?

Old 02-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #16
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by aReyoUherper View Post
even when they do produce eggs they rarely turn out deserts, if ever...i wonder if breeders let you know about these problems before you give theme 2000 usd for a beautiful but otherwise useless snake for what you intend to have her for?
Whoa!
Someone is still trying to get prices like that for desert females?
That sucks. Anyone trying to get more than "pet price" on desert females (including combos) should be ashamed of the themselves. There is more than enough evidence to show that the desert gene causes fertility issues in females.

IMO, they are just a nice pet.
Attached Images

Old 02-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #17
mgoblue347
I believe I have seen desert females for around the $300/400 mark which isn't bad for such a beautiful snake. I haven't seen anything higher for a female desert in a while, especially not $2000

Old 02-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #18
PlatinumRosePythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue347 View Post
I believe I have seen desert females for around the $300/400 mark which isn't bad for such a beautiful snake. I haven't seen anything higher for a female desert in a while, especially not $2000
IMO $400 is still to much for a pet, no matter how pretty. The most I'd pay for a desert girl is $150.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #19
Randy F
Is a shame that the females don't breed but for people that are truly snake lovers, they make some of the best combos. It's sad that people that only care about money have doomed the morph. Because of all the bashing people don't even want to buy desert males. I still have a couple combos I want to make with them and will just continue to sell them for whatever I can, or keep giving them to friends as pets. I understand people are doing this to make some extra money but look at where all the prices are these days , then complaine about deserts. I am selling two gene animals for $200 so why complaine about something that you would sell as a pet for $100. If more people did the math and realized maybe breed on snake for beauty not profit, we would once again have some amazing combos being produced. I love with snake "lovers" consider a snake a waste because it won't make them money! Great thinking.......maybe those can try and ban guns because people on antidepressants killed people and its obviously the guns not the drugs that their owns ads say "sucidal thoughts" are a side effect! Well god bless you all that love snakes.....except deserts because they are crap.....they don't make money!

Old 02-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #20
Randy F
Oh and my rant is not directed at anyone, just tired of every time I hear desert it's that they are worthless. Here's an idea.......make beautiful snakes with them and donate the females to local schools the help educate children that they are not evil!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!