Please take the time to vote. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 11-07-2020, 05:01 PM   #11
Lucille
I myself had the same experience you did. Tuesday evening I thought it was a Trump win for sure, but saw changes on Wednesday. I of course can't say for sure what happened, but I do think that the mail in ballots accounted for some of the change. Trump mocked and railed against mail in voting, and perhaps as a result there were many more Democrats than Republicans who cast their ballot by mail. If mail votes (because they were still coming in) were counted in disproportionate number on Wednesday and succeeding days, that would be a logical explanation for a change in percentages because the mail ballots were heavily Democratic.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/30/u...s-turnout.html

From the article above:

But the president has more often denounced voting by mail, issuing baseless claims that it is a way to rig the election against him and arguing that mail-in ballots are inherently suspect. During his debate on Tuesday with Joseph R. Biden Jr., the Democratic presidential nominee, Mr. Trump once again assailed mail-in balloting, citing a handful of ballots in Pennsylvania that were inappropriately discarded to argue that Democrats were using the mail to cheat.

Historically, mail-in voting has not bestowed a partisan advantage on either side. But Mr. Trump’s talk has turned the practice itself into a political issue. In polls, many more Democrats than Republicans have said they planned to vote by mail this election.

Old 11-07-2020, 05:40 PM   #12
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post

I think the distressing part about this is the suspicion that we are being slapped in the face and railroaded along some path. If there was, in fact, fraud with the election process, we are being told point blank that our votes do not count. What we want does not matter. It is all a charade. A stacked deck.
Has the violence genie been let out of the bottle, and it doesn't matter any longer who rubbed the lamp?
That is a dark and scary outlook. Profoundly thoughtful. No matter what political party each of us belongs to, or our personal beliefs about how a country should best be run, the thought that there is no real free choice is disturbing. I hope it is not true.

I suppose that for one's mental health it would be best not to look at it all too closely, but I'd rather see things as they are.

Old 11-07-2020, 07:15 PM   #13
Randall Turner
It definitely seemed suspicious. I personally didn't care who won, but if the system isn't operating fairly and properly I do have a major problem with that.

Old 11-07-2020, 09:09 PM   #14
JColt
It was well known that counts would change after mail in votes and they expected it to be heavy. Every counting place had democrat and republican watchers in place. They turned down one lawsuit that said republicans were not allowed to view counting process. In Pennsylvania when judge asked lawyer, are you going to tell me under oath that there were no republican supervisors during vote counting? The lawyer said no. Trumps lawyers have not made one valid claim of wrong doing. In fact to make those numbers illegal you would have had to have had both sides in on it. Way too many checks and balances.

Old 11-07-2020, 09:34 PM   #15
JColt
In fact, Bernie called it pretty exactly 2 weeks ago

Old 02-13-2021, 08:37 PM   #16
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
That is a dark and scary outlook. Profoundly thoughtful. No matter what political party each of us belongs to, or our personal beliefs about how a country should best be run, the thought that there is no real free choice is disturbing. I hope it is not true.

I suppose that for one's mental health it would be best not to look at it all too closely, but I'd rather see things as they are.
FYI, this thread has some links in it that are darn interesting.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=732210

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!