How would you ship this? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 06-26-2006, 08:25 PM   #1
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
How did everything go Bob?

Regards.
Yeah, I'd like to know also. Being new to the shipping scene, and not really that comfortable with it very much, I'd like to hear how it went.

I just shipped 2 boas to Florida, and I did not use a heat or cold pack as the temps i was told were about what you mentioned above. They arrived just fine and healthy. But I used DHL for this order, and according to them, the package sat nowhere except the plane during transport. Personally, I wouldn't even concider UPS myself. I would drive them to Florida first. LOL But to each his own. Some have had good luck with them, I have not.

Anyway, how'd it go?
Rick

Old 06-28-2006, 02:13 PM   #2
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
How did everything go Bob?

Regards.
Sorry for the late reply guys! The animals arrived safe and sound via UPS. The only issue was the the buyer was not present when the animal arrived. Thankfully, I always track my packages throughout the day so when UPS website said the animal had been delivered I started making phone calls. I always check and this time I am glad I did. The buyer was still at home (he had me ship to his office) so fortunately his secretary put the box in his office where it was nice and cool.

So, long story short, I shipped in an insulated box with peanuts etc but nothing else. No cool packs etc.

Griz

Old 06-26-2006, 09:35 PM   #3
The BoidSmith
I have never had a problem with either UPS or FedEx. Then again I live in a town of 20,000 people. It's possible that this results in speedy deliveries and pick-ups, thus decreasing any risk associated with prolonged transit time in the truck.

Regards.

Old 06-26-2006, 10:04 PM   #4
crotalusadamanteus
My biggest problem with UPS (beside watching them drop packages off at My GATE) is having worked for them in S & R. LOL I would not want my packaging being handled like I have witnessed from them. It was enough to make Me quit.
Fed-Ex I don't have a problem with, just that their sig release stuff scares the crap out of Me. LOL I can just see the reptile cooking on the porch.
Can't wait till Delta gets back with Me. I think that will be My primary shipping means once they verify Me. My parents used them years ago when breeding Aussies, and never a problem one.

BTW, must be pretty peaceful only having 20,000 people around. Can't remember when I could boast that........... Yeah I can, Phelan, Ca. Lived ther for a while, and I think it had a couple thousand people back then. LOL I loved it!

Rick

Old 06-27-2006, 12:26 AM   #5
rjward97
lol I am right outside of Phelan.. it is still a small town, but has built up a lot in past years.

Old 06-27-2006, 06:40 AM   #6
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjward97
lol I am right outside of Phelan.. it is still a small town, but has built up a lot in past years.
Still have a hitching rack at the post office? LOL Haven't been there in years. Spent a lot of teen years in the whole area herping My but off! Used to find real nice rosy boas over in Lucern Valley.

I miss that place.

Rick

Old 06-27-2006, 02:46 PM   #7
rjward97
In Lucerne? Really? ooo I know where I am heading on my next herping trip. I have been looking for rosies for the past few years.. but no luck. I am out in Apple Valley.. used to be a good herping place but has been built up so fast that only the outskirts have nice herping areas anymore.

Old 06-28-2006, 04:28 PM   #8
The BoidSmith
Glad to hear everything went fine!

Regards.

Old 06-28-2006, 06:39 PM   #9
crotalusadamanteus
That's good to hear Bob. Glad it all went good, even with the little mishap.

Rick

Old 06-29-2006, 01:00 AM   #10
varnyard
Bob, I too am glad that it made it safe!!