Hypoaspis miles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Insects and Arachnids > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Insects and Arachnids.

Old 08-22-2011, 05:40 AM   #1
Katie.Shinkle
Hypoaspis miles

Hypoaspis miles (http://store.evergreengrowers.com/pr...et/Detail?no=1) came up in a BOI thread and I got to reading about them...

I often have issues with gnats. I breed geckos, as well as several insects, so always have some sort of fruit-like (Crested Gecko Diet) stuff in the tubs, as well as moist soil...and oh boy do the gnats love it!

They mainly love to breed in my isopod tub, which of course has nice moist soil, and fresh fruits/veggies for the isopods. I'm getting SOOO tired of opening the tub only to be hit in the face by tiny swarms of gnats. So I've been trying to figure out ways to get rid of them. Thus far, nothing I've tried has worked, and of course, I can't use pesticides, and that's why I'm here.

Apparently H. miles eat gnat larvae, as well as other annoying bugs, which is great...BUT...will they kill my isopods? Or my snails, which are in with the isopods?

Thanks!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!