Cricket Suppliers - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-01-2003, 12:54 AM   #1
tatooedsn
Cricket Suppliers

I have been buying crickets for my bearded from the local pet store and I have had good luck with not having any health issues after feeding them to my dragon. They are a bit expensive and I've been considering ordering them from an online supplier. I was wondering if anyone could recommend some suppliers and maybe give me a heads up if I should be weary of ordering crickets by this method.

Also while I am thinking of it... what precautions do some of you take when feeding live food/vegetation to bearded's. I have seen that salmonella is a risk that needs to be avoided.

Old 10-01-2003, 05:05 AM   #2
Clay Davenport
For your location, I would probably suggest The Superworm Farm or The Worm Man for buying crickets in bulk.
I personally used The Superworm Farm for a couple of years, and they are great to deal with. While I've never purchased from the Worm Man, I've heard many good reports on his service and quality.

Ordering in bulk is always preferred to buying at the pet store if you can use anywhere near 1000 at a time, and with beardeds that's not a problem at all.
Pet stores here charge $1 per dozen for crickets, and there's 83 dozen in a box of 1000 which you can buy for $15 or so.

As far as precautions when feeding live crickets, there's really not any to take.
I always washed the vegetables well and ensures the crickets were well fed before feeding them out. Beyond that, there's not much else you can do.

I don't use crickets anymore, I raise roaches for feeders. Buying crickets in bulk for one dragon isn't too bad though, but if you decide to add some more that might be something you would want to look into. A practically free food source for minimal effort.

Old 10-01-2003, 12:17 PM   #3
tatooedsn
Thanks for the reply Clay. I will definitely check those vendors out

Old 07-16-2004, 12:49 PM   #4
USAGECKOS
The Superworm Farm

I received my order yesterday from the Superworm Farm.

I ordered 1000 medium superworms ($15.00) and 1000 1/4 crikets ($10.00) and shipping for 2 day delivery was only $6. They actually emailed me the tracking # the day they shipped which I think is awesome.

I have to say that I was impressed. There were only about 3 or 4 dead superworms and hardly any dead crickets also.

I will definately order from them again.

Thanks Clay for the info on them!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!