For Sale 2024 Guatemalan red-cheek mud turtles (cruentatum) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2024, 04:48 PM   #1
nickolasanastasiou
2024 Guatemalan red-cheek mud turtles (cruentatum)

Read the entire ad.

2024 Guatemalan red-cheek mud turtles (cruentatum)

185 shipped if paid for via CashApp or Square.
170 shipped if paid for via Zelle.

CBB

They were incubated at 30 degrees Centigrade (86 degrees Fahrenheit for the Americans).

There are two together for this pricing. Not one. Not three. Two. The two are made up of the ones on each side of the one in the middle. The one in the middle is not for sale and is a holdback (for now, at least) to show you fine folks what kind of quality gets produced from this lineage. Some lines of cruentatum look like boring, refried cloaca beans. Not so for this lineage. The three images of the two side-by-side are solely of the two available in this ad.

If I let go of my holdbacks, the person who buys these two will get first right of refusal (I would send an email before posting them).

These were produced around 45-60 minutes from me by a friend and I bought all of his babies for the season. Lower chance of relation to other stock.

Guatemalan locality. When I post a locality (for pretty much any species for which I have a known locality), I tend to see a number of copycats pop up that attempt to relabel unknown/generic stock with the same locality, so that is fun.

There are lots of tepidly colored cruentatum out there that you can obtain at less expense. Some imports for larger animals. Some CB hatchlings. A fraction from among those animals will color up nicely as they grow, while many will not. I only have an interest in providing cruentatum with the capability of being or producing more highly/richly colored animals. Regardless of the way you lean towards color intensity, they all tend to make nice captives. Lots of spirit.

Feeding on various pellets, bloodworms, fish bits, shrimp bits, and wild caught insects. I have an extensive space at one of the properties that I let grow wild and a butterfly net swept over the tops of grasses and weeds collects a wide variety of insects I use to feed some species for which such things are appropriate. Whole prey items benefit animals with a more complete aspect of nutrition being involved. This species does especially well with being fed crustaceans. Shrimp, krill, and so on. I have had multiple people get hung up on the "expense" of feeding shrimp in years gone by. 1) You do not need to feed them only shrimp. Never said you had to. 2) You do not need to feed them shrimp at all. Never said you had to do that either. A pellet diet is fine. A varied diet (at least every so often) is better than a singular product diet. They will still do well regardless. Color development tends to be better when crustaceans and a varied diet are involved. If you do only an okay job, you get pretty turtles. If you do a good to great job, you get gorgeous turtles.

These are feisty and have big turtle personality in a tiny turtle body. They do not get large, so they can be good options for keepers with limited available space.

I recommend you research their natural history and general care BEFORE reaching out to buy so that your independent reading does justice to the care you provide for the animals you take responsibility for.

Email only for discussion. It is part of how my records are kept in order.

nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com

See the following condensed ad for various other relevant links:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=782529
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Closed Thread