One Who has No Beliefs and Why....... - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:44 PM   #81
Metachrosis

Old 06-17-2012, 08:04 PM   #82
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana J. View Post
This is actually real:

Proof That God Exists!!!

The professor of a university challenged his students with this question. "Did God create everything that exists?" A student answered bravely, "Yes, he did".
The professor then asked, "If God created everything, then he created evil. Since evil exists (as noticed by our own actions), so God is evil. The student couldn't respond to that statement causing the professor to conclude that he had "proved" that "belief in God" was a fairy tale, and therefore worthless.
Another student raised his hand and asked the professor, "May I pose a question?” "Of course." answered the professor.
The young student stood up and asked: "Professor, does cold exists?"
The professor answered, "What kind of question is that? ...Of course the cold exists... haven't you ever been cold?"
The young student answered, "In fact sir, Cold does not exist. According to the laws of Physics, what we consider cold, in fact is the absence of heat. Anything is able to be studied as long as it transmits energy (heat). Absolute Zero is the total absence of heat, but cold does not exist. What we have done is create a term to describe how we feel if we don't have body heat or we are not hot."
"And, does Dark exist?", he continued. The professor answered "Of course". This time the student responded, "Again you're wrong, Sir. Darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in fact simply the absence of light. Light can be studied, darkness cannot. Darkness cannot be broken down. A simple ray of light tears the darkness and illuminates the surface where the light beam finishes. Dark is a term that we humans have created to describe what happens when there's lack of light."
Finally, the student asked the professor, "Sir, does evil exist?" The professor replied, "Of course it exists, as I mentioned at the beginning, we see violations, crimes and violence anywhere in the world, and those things are evil."
The student responded, "Sir, Evil does not exist. Just as in the previous cases, Evil is a term which man has created to describe the result of the absence of God's presence in the hearts of man."
After this, the professor bowed down his head, and didn't answer back.
The young man's name was ALBERT EINSTEIN
This proves, that God, DOES Exist!!!!!!!
So, could God eliminate evil by not allowing "the absence of God's presence in the hearts of man"?

Old 06-18-2012, 12:50 AM   #83
Ana J.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
So, could God eliminate evil by not allowing "the absence of God's presence in the hearts of man"?
Maybe....I don't think anyone but God himself knows the answer to that.

Old 06-18-2012, 03:17 AM   #84
Fangthane
Quote:
I'm not sure what you think your Einstein story proves. I don't care enough to research it, but I have my doubts that Einstein ever said such a thing, considering he flat-out states on many occasions that he doesn't believe in a personal god or deity of any sort.

Here are some quotes that can actually be attributed to Albert Einstein:
IF your quote is authentic, the following one explains it. Even as a young child, he had the kind of mind that ultimately placed more credence in quantifiable data than it did in outdated fables and blind belief.
http://www.deism.com/einstein.htm
Quote:
"Thus I came...to a deep religiosity, which, however, reached an abrupt end at the age of 12. Through the reading of popular scientific books I soon reached a conviction that much in the stories of the Bible could not be true....Suspicion against every kind of authority grew out of this experience...an attitude which has never left me."
http://www.spaceandmotion.com/Albert...ein-Quotes.htm
Quote:
A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. (Albert Einstein, Religion and Science, New York Times Magazine, 9 November 1930
Quote:
I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his creatures, or has a will of the kind that we experience in ourselves. Neither can I nor would I want to conceive of an individual that survives his physical death; let feeble souls, from fear or absurd egoism, cherish such thoughts. I am satisfied with the mystery of the eternity of life and with the awareness and a glimpse of the marvelous structure of the existing world, together with the devoted striving to comprehend a portion, be it ever so tiny, of the Reason that manifests itself in nature. (Albert Einstein, The World as I See It)
Quote:
"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it." From a letter Einstein wrote in English, dated 24 March 1954. It is included in Albert Einstein: The
None of this proves my belief in the absolute lack of a god. Nor do I feel a need to seek validation of my beliefs by trying to convince others of their validity, as if in some kind of 'safety in numbers' sort of mentality. I post this only to show that if you're determined to use someone else's words to rationalize your own choice to base your belief system on fairy tales and general hokum, you might want to dig a little deeper. I have to think that Einstein would be aghast if he thought that his words had inspired someone to blindly buy into their particular cultural mythos instead of truly analyzing and questioning it.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:50 AM   #85
WebSlave
Quote:
But isn't God supposed to be omnipotent? If so, how could he be unable to do that?

Old 06-18-2012, 01:38 PM   #86
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
But isn't God supposed to be omnipotent? If so, how could he be unable to do that?
Classically speaking, "Omnipotence" doesn't actually mean "able to do anything", because the word "anything" encompassing things that are imaginable, but outside the realm of things that are actually logically possible. For example, God cannot create a square circle... since a circle cannot be square BY DEFINITION. God could create a cubical potato, I suppose, but only because there are no strict and integral parameters on potatoes to prohibit it, necessarily. Necessarily, a circle is the transcription of a line which is equidistant from a point along the entirety of the points of a compass of 360 degrees.

So, Omnipotence means something more like "able to do all that power can accomplish". No amount of "power" can make a square circle, because it's logically contradictory. No amount of "power" can make an evil thing good. Power is good for many things, but it is not a catch-all that includes things which our conscious, symbolic though processes may imagine which are OUTSIDE the bounds of what power actually can do.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #87
Mister Internet
Quote:
This is actually real:

Proof That God Exists!!!
This is actually NOT real.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #88
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Internet View Post
This is actually NOT real.
exactly

http://www.snopes.com/religion/einstein.asp

Old 06-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #89
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
I had a sneaking suspicion that that was the case. Good find.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:59 PM   #90
Willow
Quote:
This is actually real:

Proof That God Exists!!!

The professor of a university challenged his students with this question. "Did God create everything that exists?" A student answered bravely, "Yes, he did".
The professor then asked, "If God created everything, then he created evil. Since evil exists (as noticed by our own actions), so God is evil. The student couldn't respond to that statement causing the professor to conclude that he had "proved" that "belief in God" was a fairy tale, and therefore worthless.
Another student raised his hand and asked the professor, "May I pose a question?” "Of course." answered the professor.
The young student stood up and asked: "Professor, does cold exists?"
The professor answered, "What kind of question is that? ...Of course the cold exists... haven't you ever been cold?"
The young student answered, "In fact sir, Cold does not exist. According to the laws of Physics, what we consider cold, in fact is the absence of heat. Anything is able to be studied as long as it transmits energy (heat). Absolute Zero is the total absence of heat, but cold does not exist. What we have done is create a term to describe how we feel if we don't have body heat or we are not hot."
"And, does Dark exist?", he continued. The professor answered "Of course". This time the student responded, "Again you're wrong, Sir. Darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in fact simply the absence of light. Light can be studied, darkness cannot. Darkness cannot be broken down. A simple ray of light tears the darkness and illuminates the surface where the light beam finishes. Dark is a term that we humans have created to describe what happens when there's lack of light."
Finally, the student asked the professor, "Sir, does evil exist?" The professor replied, "Of course it exists, as I mentioned at the beginning, we see violations, crimes and violence anywhere in the world, and those things are evil."
The student responded, "Sir, Evil does not exist. Just as in the previous cases, Evil is a term which man has created to describe the result of the absence of God's presence in the hearts of man."
After this, the professor bowed down his head, and didn't answer back.
The young man's name was ALBERT EINSTEIN
This proves, that God, DOES Exist!!!!!!!

This proves nothing...God would have to exist for there to be an absence of him in someone's heart. Nothing in this story PROVES he exists in the first place.

I DO however, agree that Evil does not really exist, but that would be the same for Good. Good and Evil are all relative.

What I may think is good, you may think is evil.
What you may think is absence of God in someone's heart, I may think is a chemical imbalance in their brain that causes them to act differently then most others find acceptable (among dozens of other reasons people do what they do, none having ANYTHING to do with God)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!