This is Really a Shame! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:47 AM   #31
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Deb~ are you editing your responses? why?

And how are you not leaving a note that says your response was edited?

Old 09-12-2008, 08:52 AM   #32
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM

I edit often without a note. if i add on. If i need to change something, i usually make a note. depending on how big the correction is. Spelling errors are almost never commented on.

Edited here* Anything?

Old 09-12-2008, 08:58 AM   #33
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I thought it left a note anytime someone edited~ see my post just above yours~ under my sig is says when the post was last edited. I edited it just to see if it would leave a note indicating the post had been edited.

I kind of like that the system leaves a note if a post is edited~ even if the poster does not tell WHY they edited the post I like to know if the person speaking changed thier mind and posted something other than what they originally said. I wonder why it only leaves the notes on some posters and not others?

Okay~ this one I'm editing and not leaving a reason~ I THINK the system will still leave a note under my sig saying I edited even though I didn't give a reason for it~ lets see

It didn't! This is the second edit I've made on this post and apparently I could change the entire content and not have a note on here saying I changed what I said. Well......I don't like that at all.

Sorry for the off topic~ now I know how she did it~ we can get back to your regularly scheduled program and I'll stop playing on the PC and get my Lazy self to work!

Edit again~ this is about an hour and a half later~ I'm not putting a reason in why I'm editing~ I'm playing with this post to see if it leaves a note now.......

Old 09-12-2008, 09:07 AM   #34
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
I thought it left a note anytime someone edited~ see my post just above yours~ under my sig is says when the post was last edited. I edited it just to see if it would leave a note indicating the post had been edited.

I kind of like that the system leaves a note if a post is edited~ even if the poster does not tell WHY they edited the post I like to know if the person speaking changed thier mind and posted something other than what they originally said. I wonder why it only leaves the notes on some posters and not others?

Okay~ this one I'm editing and not leaving a reason~ I THINK the system will still leave a note under my sig saying I edited even though I didn't give a reason for it~ lets see

It didn't! This is the second edit I've made on this post and apparently I could change the entire content and not have a note on here saying I changed what I said. Well......I don't like that at all.

Sorry for the off topic~ now I know how she did it~ we can get back to your regularly scheduled program and I'll stop playing on the PC and get my Lazy self to work!

its because youre editing so soon afterwards, i think. If i went back to one of my posts now. it might.

*goes to play too* LOL

Nope. Nothing.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:07 AM   #35
Cat_72
Quote:

I agree completely....that's not right. It always used to leave that message, regardless of whether you filled in a reason or not.

BOI or not BOI....it should show whether a post has been edited or not.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:15 AM   #36
Dennis Hultman
Quote:

Depends on time of edit to original post. If you immediately edit your post, it doesn't show.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:18 AM   #37
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
People whine and complain half logs arent good, they dont make the snake feel safe. i happen to disagree and look at it as one of those passing fads that many seem to enjoy jumping on the bandwagon with. But yet, ive successfully kept ball pythons and others with those half logs, and NEVER had a problem! Go figure... and hey, all my snakes still eat! ( save breeding time then some just refuse!)
Wow, who the heck said that? I have a male Pastel here who won't eat unless he has his half log that he doesn't even fit into anymore.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:18 AM   #38
deborahbroadus
Quote:

Yes, because sometimes the first response is not the best response, and when I reread, second thoughts tell me it's best to say nothing. So sometimes, I start a post then erase it. Then sometimes, I send a post, read it and see that I could have said it better and less inflamatory.

Then sometimes, I post, and edit and erase it and type something nicer.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:20 AM   #39
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic
Wow, who the heck said that? I have a male Pastel here who won't eat unless he has his half log that he doesn't even fit into anymore.
HAHAHA LOTS of people!!!

Its crazy.

quoting someone else from earlier this week.

Roll that beautiful bean footage! * did it work?*

Old 09-12-2008, 09:28 AM   #40
Dennis Hultman
Quote:

Quote:
Depends on time of edit to original post. If you immediately edit your post, it doesn't show.

If you go back to this post and edit it and you don't leave a reason, It will show now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!