WTH Rich! - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 09:53 PM   #51
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by norsmis View Post
Then you have blinders on.....
There are no "blinders" on the people that are attempting to be reasonable that I can see. However, those spreading this information from forum to forum seem to not realize that:

1. This information is after the fact.
2. Nothing that is posted will alter events that have already happened.
3. Rich has NO MORE ANIMALS.
4. This post does not hurt him in the least

Who has the blinders??

Old 12-29-2009, 10:11 PM   #52
Twizted Paths
Quote:
Then you have blinders on.....
I am not blinded by my own inflated sense of self righteousness, nor do I allow myself to be herded by a mob mentality.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:12 PM   #53
norsmis
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
There are no "blinders" on the people that are attempting to be reasonable that I can see. However, those spreading this information from forum to forum seem to not realize that:

1. This information is after the fact.
2. Nothing that is posted will alter events that have already happened.
3. Rich has NO MORE ANIMALS.
4. This post does not hurt him in the least

Who has the blinders??
Which is my point exactly. Do you still have animals? Would you like to keep them? Maybe you have heard about this little thing going on called S373?
You people need to wake up if you see nothing wrong with this....

Old 12-29-2009, 10:15 PM   #54
norsmis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted Paths View Post
I am not blinded by my own inflated sense of self righteousness, nor do I allow myself to be herded by a mob mentality.
Inflated sense of self righteousness??? Maybe you should talk to Rich about that.
Mob mentality? Maybe so. When the hobby I am passionate about is under fire and people do stupid stuff like I rally the troops.... Sorry if that bothers your sense of peace....

Old 12-29-2009, 10:19 PM   #55
bcherps
Hey All,

Since this is after the fact, and never happened I will only add a portion of my opinion. I am going to skip the basic ecological problems (captive health, strengthened bacteria/fungi/viruses, inbred genetic issues, and habitat selection of corns from miami versus okeetee being released in tallahassee). We seemed to hint on some of them.

I am also going to skip the why not give it away aspect. Sometimes(usually early morning before coffee) due to the world treading on me I feel propelled not to help others.

But do you know what would most likely happen in tallahassee. Once the corns ate the local population of rodents they would start to dispurse and abruptly get run over, beaten with sticks by children- minorities- rednecks-and old northerns.

Yes, I do not agree with the idea of letting stuff go in any fashion-captive-exotic,domestic-even most peoples kids should be kept on leashes in my opinion.

However, no pet reptile we could ever release would be as harmful to the environment as asphalt paving.

The Corp of Engineers assaulted the everglades for decades and although dramatically changed some life form flourished, we have a pretty good population of iguanas in south florida but groomed azealas in cul de sacs are not in any way going to be extinct, we have had a burm problem for a decade and all I have seen them do is clean up the feral cat problem in the areas they reside. But do this for me, go out into the middle of a Wal-mart parking lot, look down and see how much flora and fauna there is there (no smart ass comments about billions of microscopic organisms!!!!).

Thanks
ben

Old 12-29-2009, 10:55 PM   #56
Twizted Paths
Quote:
Inflated sense of self righteousness??? Maybe you should talk to Rich about that.
Mob mentality? Maybe so. When the hobby I am passionate about is under fire and people do stupid stuff like I rally the troops.... Sorry if that bothers your sense of peace....
I merely said what I wasn't, sweetie plum. You're choosing to get your knickers in an even tighter bunch.

This kind of mindless over emoting & senseless spewing strongly reminds me of peta and hsus propaganda and seeing people in my hobby acting in the same fashion does indeed disturb my peace.

Why don't you try going back & actually reading the words I've been typing with some vague sort of objectivity instead of merely quoting them.

Here, I'll summarize for you ~ Two wrongs do not make a right.

No matter how well intended the wrongs may be.

snowgyre ~

Thank you for the abstracts.

bcherps ~

You're too right. I don't even have to go to wal mart, they decided since a portion of our metroparks here was so popular they should pave it over so more people could enjoy what is now a parking lot.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:06 AM   #57
WebSlave
Quote:
Sheesh, Hey kettle! You are black!

So just who the hell do you think YOU are bub? You got some sort of cornered market on absolute truths or something? You got some sort of PROOF that releasing corn snakes in their native range will be detrimental to ANYTHING at all? Do you have any FACTS at all to support what to me looks merely as some knee jerk emotional ranting and raving from some eco-fanatic? Quite frankly, I HAVE thought of all the issues and did as much research as practical and in MY OPINION, nothing I did was damaging, nor was likely to be damaging to anything nor anyone at all. Except maybe the local population of prey might not be too happy, but I'm sure that will be balanced out by the predators higher on the food chain, so it pretty much evens out in the big picture. YOU, however, merely have an opposing opinion, not some word of God on your side, so cut the blathering accusations and derogatory innuendos. Or else show me some PROOF that you are basing your argument on instead of just saying you HAVE to be right and I HAVE to be wrong, all the while waving your arms about looking like a damned fool.

I got news for you fella, HSUS, PETA, SPCA, and the like don't want anyone to have animals at all, period. It makes no difference what you do with them or how they treat them. So if you would rather make a mountain out of a molehill and further divide everyone with your baseless blathering, then you just go ahead and do that. If anything, you are helping to show to those forces how easily this industry can be divided and conquered by simply pulling their strings with emotional issues to get some chicken littles to do all the ground work for them.

So can it bub. If you think I am going to allow you to use my own site so you can take antagonistic potshots at me, you're a LONG way from reality.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:58 AM   #58
norsmis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Sheesh, Hey kettle! You are black!

So just who the hell do you think YOU are bub? You got some sort of cornered market on absolute truths or something? You got some sort of PROOF that releasing corn snakes in their native range will be detrimental to ANYTHING at all? Do you have any FACTS at all to support what to me looks merely as some knee jerk emotional ranting and raving from some eco-fanatic? Quite frankly, I HAVE thought of all the issues and did as much research as practical and in MY OPINION, nothing I did was damaging, nor was likely to be damaging to anything nor anyone at all. Except maybe the local population of prey might not be too happy, but I'm sure that will be balanced out by the predators higher on the food chain, so it pretty much evens out in the big picture. YOU, however, merely have an opposing opinion, not some word of God on your side, so cut the blathering accusations and derogatory innuendos. Or else show me some PROOF that you are basing your argument on instead of just saying you HAVE to be right and I HAVE to be wrong, all the while waving your arms about looking like a damned fool.

I got news for you fella, HSUS, PETA, SPCA, and the like don't want anyone to have animals at all, period. It makes no difference what you do with them or how they treat them. So if you would rather make a mountain out of a molehill and further divide everyone with your baseless blathering, then you just go ahead and do that. If anything, you are helping to show to those forces how easily this industry can be divided and conquered by simply pulling their strings with emotional issues to get some chicken littles to do all the ground work for them.

So can it bub. If you think I am going to allow you to use my own site so you can take antagonistic potshots at me, you're a LONG way from reality.
What I expected from you Rich. You want to ban me because I have an opposing opinion, go ahead.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:13 AM   #59
norsmis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Which is my problem with what you did. Gives them more fuel for the fire.

How am I dividing anyone? Because I said you were wrong for doing it and POSTING it????? If you were some Joe Schmo who let go a few corn snakes it wouldnt be a big deal at all.
I am not going to beat my head against the wall over this. Whats done is done and you obviously see nothing wrong with it. Enjoy your retirement.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:16 AM   #60
WebSlave
Quote:
What I expected from you Rich. You want to ban me because I have an opposing opinion, go ahead.
No, I will ban you if you continue to be an antagonistic asshole on my site. I really don't care about baseless, factless and emotionally grounded opinions. Heck, I will still entertain them as long as people can discuss them like rational adults. But for those people who will use such disagreements as an excuse to "get even" because of some apparent slight in the past, or just simple blatant jealousy because of my success in this field and recent retirement, well screw them. They aren't using my sites as a platform for their verbal sludge.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread