Has this ever happened to you,,? - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 04-22-2003, 03:41 PM   #71
Golden Gate Geckos
Quote:
Keep the discussion civil, please. I do expect some discussions will get VERY heated in here, but they will not be tolerated if they get too carried away. I don't have a problem with deleting entire threads in here if I find it necessary.Thanks. WebSlave
Webslave, could you please give us your definition on "civil" and "carried away?"

Thanks.

Old 04-22-2003, 03:49 PM   #72
WebSlave
I sure am glad to see that you all think I have unlimited time to patrol all of these forums.

And Marcia, in response to your question, NO, I will not. And you know darned right well that no one else could either. It will be different for everyone reading the statements.

So as I said before, here this forum is, "AS IS".

Old 04-22-2003, 03:51 PM   #73
Uffern
Quote:
HOW MANY ANIMALS HAVE TO DIE AT THE HANDS OF AN UNCARING STORE BEFORE YOU WOULD STEP IN AND CALL SOMEONE? Come on guys answer......
I actually teach people at Petsmarts and Petcos how to properly take care of the animals and house them. I don't get in anyone's face about litigation or media. Someone said that educated pet store employees today are educated target cashiers tomorrow. I used to work at a pet store. Reptile Warehouse, in Ga. I now teach others at other petstores how to care for the animals. You know what? While most of them may end up being over educated Target cahsiers, some end up being educated Petco managers. Useless to teach them, huh?

One other thing, you say how many animals have to die before you call someone. What happens to the animals that are bred but not sold because you called someone? Are they magically better and live a happy life since they never got shipped to the store? Or do they still die, just as painfully, no matter where they are shipped, or even if they are not shipped?

Quote:
Go to iguana forum where I wanted to try to get people who own them to start talking and see what was written there.
Seamus insulted some iguana people? Is that right? I guess that makes all the aggressiveness and passive aggressiveness towards Seamus okay. Didn't your mother ever tell you that two wrongs don't make a right?

Quote:
Marcia did what a responsible hobbyist should do tried to educate and when it became apparent that it was going to be ignored or shut out for continued profits provided info to the proper authorities.
If you are potty training a kid and at the end of the first day he craps in his pants, do you give up? Marcia gave up. Perhaps if she had continued to educate them, better care at the store would have begun to stop problems before they started. Those same animals that are not being sold at those stores now are dying elsewhere, at other stores, or at the breeder's. If she had continued to teach the store employees, maybe those lizards and such would be alive and healthy today. But they are not. What has she really accomplished? She definitely has not helped the animals at all. All she has done if give PETA and others like them one more arguement to use in their fight for banning reptiles and pets in general. I believe she had good intentions, but intentions are meaningless when there are results. The result here is that PETA and HSUS are one little step closer to their goal, and that the animals are still dying and sick. Dragon dad said that they are still opening new stores. Obviously, this has affected Petco in no discernable way. It has not helped the geckos become healthier. It has not stopped poor care in pet stores. All it has done is give animal rights activists one more thing to shout about at their rallies.

Old 04-22-2003, 04:02 PM   #74
Golden Gate Geckos
Quote:
So as I said before, here this forum is, "AS IS".
OK! Well, it sounds like the rules don't apply to the SOUND OFF! Forum... anyone want to start a new thread called 'Who is Seamus?' or 'Double Standard Free-For-All?' or 'Open Season for People That Aren't Perfect?'

Old 04-22-2003, 04:07 PM   #75
Stardust
Oh Richard, or if you will MM. Round and round we go, I seem to remember meeting you at a telemarketer forum. LOL
Mixing potting training a toddler to educating a corperation. LOL Now that IS good.
But I wont get into that now, I will just address about the iguana's because that is what i wrote. Glad you brought my Mother into it, she told me to fight for what is right, she told me to speak my mind, and if someone EVER hits me, do NOT turn the other cheeks and make damn sure I make my hit a harder one!
Now with that out of the way, I am not taking my aggressions out because of that, well not all of it . I am just putting all that he says and how he speaks to other in in in in one category. Yes, I am categorizing Seamus' words into one. I am saying Marcia did not deserve what he said to her. And you MM, shame on you to be on a telemarketers side because that is your softness, but not on the side of someone who is being called names.

Old 04-22-2003, 04:11 PM   #76
Dragondad
Both ways

Come on Richard you can't have it both ways. If Petco has not been affected in any discernible matter then the breeders are still shipping the industry is still going forward. Or am I too assume that the stores you train in don't have reptiles anymore??
I guess they just got a few more that were destined for San Fran area right

If the industry is grinding to a halt because of the actions of Marcia then I guess you have no one to teach. So which is it. Did she kill the industry or are we just going forward.

Remember people no new laws were put into place. Nothing in the structure of CA code was changed do to her actions. I want someone to explain how she has damaged anything??? The fact that PETA is waving signs due to this incident doesn't make what she did wrong, these people would wave signs over something else if this wasn't there.

Richard wake up and quit looking for the evil.

Petco wasn't harmed the industry wasnt harmed and dont try to tell me anything about the possibility. Possibility and probability are two different things just ask any gambler or statistician

Old 04-22-2003, 04:13 PM   #77
herpcondo
You know what i think the best part of all of this is...
Since we have been talking about Seamus,,, he has not replied to this thread..... Ahhhhh Freedom at last from the All Knowing Seamus.

Old 04-22-2003, 04:15 PM   #78
Dragondad
Talking LOL

I noticed that Joe.

At least we have time for the cold ones!!

Old 04-22-2003, 04:17 PM   #79
herpcondo
Amen to that Dragondad!

Old 04-22-2003, 04:18 PM   #80
Stardust
Joe, I dont think we have freedom, but for the time being we dont have such long posts we fall asleep! I have no doubt he will be here, and am well looking forward to it. I also like the little break too

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!