NOT GUILTY?!?!?! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
SPJ
NOT GUILTY?!?!?!

How could they decide she was not guilty?
I cannot believe that jury in Florida just let her get away with murder!
Did they even try to deliberate? 10 hours is all they took?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43636855...rts/?GT1=43001

Old 07-05-2011, 02:41 PM   #2
Kristi23
It's OJ all over again.

I had the trial on almost everyday. Those jurors would have hated to have me on the jury. There is no way she should have been found not gulity. I could see them not giving her first degree murder. But she should have been found guilty on the aggravated child abuse and the 1st degree manslaughter. I personally thought 1st degree was appropriate for the case with the evidence shown.

I feel horrible for that little girl. There will never be justice.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:43 PM   #3
Mister Internet
Well, it IS Florida...

Old 07-05-2011, 02:56 PM   #4
AbsoluteApril
what the... not guilty?!?!

yet another reason to lose faith in the justice system and people in general

Old 07-05-2011, 03:57 PM   #5
Wolfy-hound
I think there was a lack of definitive evidence. There was nothing showing SHE killed her child. The child is dead. But they never were able to say outright "She was killed via..." and that left just enough of a hole for the murdering bitch to slip through.

I have every belief she killed that child. But overlooking the theatrics and her wacko actions and partying and etc etc.... there wasn't enough EVIDENCE showing she killed Caylee. They could show duct tape was on the skeleton, that traces of chloroform(or something close to it?) were in the vehicle, that there was a sticker from the house on the body..... but they couldn't show anything that said "She killed Caylee and here's how".

I'm certain that if they had found the body quickly, she'd be convicted on evidence. But after so long, they didn't have enough to get proper evidence. She'll be back on the street, but I wonder how long she'll stay healthy considering the area she and her family live in.(I know the area, it's NOT a nice sedate neighborhood of quaint folks... the people there don't think well of child abusers or murderers). I would bet they move immediately.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:06 PM   #6
Kristi23
I would think that the decomp in the car alone should have landed her a guilty verdict on the child abuse or manslaughter. They could prove that there was chloroform in the trunk, too. Also, where was she every day/night that Casey was out. Caylee wasn't with the make believe nanny. I think she was left alone at an apartment or in the car. I know there was more, but those things are definitely abuse and neglect. Casey's actions while Caylee was missing spoke volumes to me.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:08 PM   #7
Wolfy-hound
It means you FEEL she was guilty. But it wasn't evidence that SHE killed her. Even if they proved her body was in the vehicle... they could still say maybe the dad killed her, maybe she died and the dad put her in the car... a million "what if" scenarios... all possible. Even if we all "know" that she killed Caylee... we'd have to be able to PROVE it "beyond a reasonable doubt". And they went for 1st degree murder. They only convicted her on some misdemnours. Booo.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:25 PM   #8
Kristi23
I thought the defense said that Caylee drowned while Casey was home? Maybe I heard wrong. Manslaughter covers accidents (drinking while driving). It just all seems so wrong. The computer searches shows me that there was definite premeditation and the computer forensics showed that the searches were done while Cindy was at work. I wonder if Cindy will be charged with any type of perjury? She changed her story and never told anyone before that she did those searches.

It's sad that DNA wouldn't have helped anything either. It's normal to have your parents/grandparents DNA found on your body and clothes.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:32 PM   #9
garweft
Florida - Baby killers welcome.... just don't bring your burms.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:04 PM   #10
zzzdanz
She exercised her right to a trial with a jury of her peers...Not guilty.I don't agree with it but there was no evidence at all that said SHE did it...She'll be sitting on the beach getting a tan soon....Like it or not.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!