One Who has No Beliefs and Why....... - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 04-29-2004, 12:17 PM   #41
Mercer Don
Well, as for proof in the soil it is actually quite simple. PROOF in the form of artifacts, bones and oil, have been dug up across this planet, proving the bible to be nothing more than a very good story book. Getting the weak minded to wake up and see the truth, is not going to happen anytime soon, if ever. Many people need the crutch of religion in their life. They need that fear of "what if".

Currently, over in China, the government is doing large scale excavating. In the process, large numbers of ancient, Neolithic artifacts are being uncovered. Some dating back more than 8000 years. Many depict alien like motifs; large eyes, pointed ears etc. Did these ancient humans dream these images? I doubt it. To further put a twist in it, evidence is being compiled to show that these people of 8000 years ago, used metal tools! Until recently, metal tools were not believed to be used until around 4000-3000 years ago. If this evidence is proven correct, how did these humans learn to use metal, and why was the use of it lost for several thousand years? One more twist, evidence has shown that during the same time, (8000+ years ago), NEANDRATHAL man and HUMANS walked the earth together! But didnt humans evolve from neandrathals???? Things that make you go hmmmm.

Years ago I had a very good friend who was a member of the Jehovah Witness cult. He enlightened me to their beliefs. (I'll try to be as acurate as I can remember) Yes, they feel there is a lord jehovah, but, they feel humans come from some distant place. Only a select few, the elders of the kindom halls, shall journey to a better place after they die. All others are just worm food when they perish. Now, I could never get him to admit, that they feel humans origantated on a distant planet, but that is what I was led to believe.

Is this "higher being" many of you talk of actually a far off distant culture that planted humans here of earth? Or did we actually evolve from apes? Evidence is pointing to a combination of both.

Old 04-29-2004, 04:00 PM   #42
j tyler
Hey Mercer,

1)There are lots of images that may not look human and may be for instance imaginary depictions of spirits or gods etc. The fact that an image does not look human does not entail that the image is of 'aliens' as we understand them. For anyone to assert that the images etc are of 'aliens' you would need some kind of evidence in addition to the image itself.

2) Even if it could be proved that the images were of 'aliens' it would only prove that the people who created the images had beliefs in ETs. Not that the beliefs are true. Note that there are many images of ETs in our own culture but they do not count as any kind of evidence for their existence.

3) Archeologists are constantly pushing back the dates of origin on many things. You cannot conclude from this that they come from a non-human source, only that the human source is earlier than previously thought.

Old 04-29-2004, 05:04 PM   #43
Mercer Don
Who's to say that these aliens were not of human origin? Mankinds appearence has evolved and changed over time. Wether it is an ancient culter of S.America, Africa or Asia, ALL of these peoples worshipped the stars above, and had artifacts showing remarkably similar alien looking features. Do you really think they had the same dreams or thoughts? Something, or someone imprinted these images into their minds. Did the Incas travel to Egypt, or vise versa? I think not. How did these civilizations, thousands of years ago, learn architecture, the calender, and to make metal tools? Why did some of these very same cultures lose this knowledge for thousands of years after it had been with them for so long? How did they know planets existed, that could not be seen with the naked eye? All of this knowledge shared across the globe, had to be taught some way. As hard as it is to grasp, Im betting the facts are in the stars. It is only a matter of time before rock solid evidence surfaces to prove this correct. Not that it really matters, since 90% of this worlds population is brainwashed.

Old 04-29-2004, 06:33 PM   #44
SpindleHead
With all due respect Don,
Ancient drawings of supposed alien life are hardly proof of their existence nor do they disprove the existence of God. There are thousands of people who claim abduction by aliens and for the most part they give the very same description. Maybe the easiest explaination for this is that we would wrongly assume that aliens would be humanoid in apperance. I know of no evidence that shows this conclusively and I suspect neither do you. Do you actually believe those tales? So when you give credence to those stories aren't you also being "weak minded'? Where is your proof? Maybe people use these stories as a "crutch" because they want to believe we aren't alone in the universe. maybe there are these benign, loving and gentle creatures who are going to fly in and save mankind from themselves, we'll all live in peace and harmony just like the movies. Seems like there's no more credibility in your argumment than you find in mine.

As far as your argument concerning Neandertal man and modern humans, it seems to me the only thing that proves is that maybe evolutionists got it wrong. There were many different versions of "man" prior to ours, why is it so hard to believe that perhaps their existence overlapped each other?

As for being "brainwashed", well I think not. I don't just blindly accept anything. That is simply insulting and has no basis in fact what-so-ever. I don't agree with you so I must be brainwashed and weak minded...sounds like a simple bullying tactic to me.

Chris

Old 04-29-2004, 07:02 PM   #45
Mercer Don
When it comes to the question of other life in this universe, I whole heartedly believe there is. Too many instances of alleged abductions, crop circles, lights in the sky, and other strange happenings, (and what convinced me), thousands of years of drawings and artifacts. Heck, there is more evidence of other life than there is your god! Funny thing is, a year ago I would have laughed at anyone trying to convince me of alien life. Well, things happen. I expanded my mind, I did research, I spoke with other open minded people and I came to realize the possibilities. They showed me evidence. Can you show me evidence of your god? And yes, brainwashed is the perfect word. Anybody who can not open their mind without religion getting in the way, is obviously brainwashed. Its that whole fear factor comming into play. If I doubt, I'm going to Hell! To each their own. Sad, truly sad. Religion will be the end of this world, unless people wake up.

Old 04-29-2004, 09:37 PM   #46
Mercer Don
Something accured to me this afternoon. When did the whole concept of one god come about? Was it the roman catholics? If so, we know, or should know, their religion is nothing but a farse. Scientific proof proves that. With that out of the way, from what I have learned over many years, is that most, if not all, ancient religions worshipped several gods, or not even a god but the earth and the stars. Or better yet animals. So, with the catholic religion discredited, where does one come up with this one god or one supreme being? Inquiering minds want to know.

Old 04-29-2004, 11:44 PM   #47
Darin Chappell
The Jews, recognized by even the most anti-religious of archeologists, understood the one God and His existence for about three thousand years before the birth of Christ. Of course there were other people before the Jews who also believed, but the bulk of the evidence for their existence is found int he Bible itself, so I doubt any of that would serve as proof to you.

I have said before, and I now reiterate, that I am not interested in arguing with anyone about religion, for any reason. When I see someone making statements of true ignorance like "So did anyone before the Catholics believe in one God?" it seems to me that there is no way to have a meaningful conversation at all concerning religion.

For those seeking proof, let me just submit the following concepts for you to search out. If you are interested, and are willing to do some research before we begin our discussions, I would love to have email from anyone. I am not willing to publically discuss the issues here, though. Too many distractions, and to many looking simply for a fight.

Consider the following arguments from the realm of logic:

The ontological argument
The teleological argument
The cosmological argument
The moral argument

And from the realm of science:

The scientific definitions of "Law, Theory, and Hypothesis"
The Law of Biogenesis
The Equation of Population Extraction
The Constant Reduction of the Earth's Magnetic Field

From the realm of physical evidences:

Kennard's iron pot
The river bed at Glenrose, TX

If anyone is interested in speaking of those issues, specifically, I would love to hear from you. If not, that's fine too. It's really your decision.

Old 04-30-2004, 02:13 AM   #48
Uffern
Actually, it was Neanderthal and Cro Magnon that lived during the same time period. Cro Magnon eventually pushed neanderthal into extinction as cro had a higher birth rate and a better grasp of tools and toolmaking. I urge anyone interested in the subject to read "The Dragons of Eden" by Carl Sagan. Although known for astronomy, the man was nothing short of brilliant in so many areas.

Old 04-30-2004, 06:25 AM   #49
SpindleHead
Don,
What proof are you speaking of? I have seen no actual evidence of alien life. If you are refering to abduction stories or out of focus photographs then you have no evidence at all. Life has never been discovered on any other planet, unless you count the single celled organisms they claim to have found on Mars. You speak of being open minded but you refuse to see it any other way, how is that being open minded? You spoke with several open minded people, so do any of them allow that they may be wrong? If not they aren't open minded either.

I readily admit there is no DIFINITIVE proof of the existence of God but it's at least as likely as stories of "little green men".
Unless you've got an alien body in your garage then your proof is nothing more than speculation...And why are they always depicted as being humanoid?

Religion will not be the end of mankind, madmen start wars over religion but that has more to do with being right than killing for God. That is simply an excuse for murder and subjagation of mankind. God does not teach that you kill people who don't believe as you do. Those are men making those decisions, not orders from on high.

Chris

Old 04-30-2004, 06:39 AM   #50
j tyler
Hey Mercer Don,
How ya doin?

Let me address your last point. Even if 'aliens' could be proven to have contacted humans etc. it would be question begging because you would then be left in the position of having to explain how the 'aliens' aquired their technology etc.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!