Robin? - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 06-26-2005, 06:33 PM   #81
robin d.
Quote:
the text seems to have been authored by someone well versed in Portuguese slang , not Brazilian Portuguese
maybe , its not brazilian protuguese
first line maybe harsh but under the circumstances.. very appropriate
second line... absolutely trus and not in poor taste (just the truth) and the last one hit the nail right on the head

Old 06-26-2005, 06:44 PM   #82
Ophis
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin s.
maybe , its not brazilian protuguese
first line maybe harsh but under the circumstances.. very appropriate
second line... absolutely trus and not in poor taste (just the truth) and the last one hit the nail right on the head
Yea?......well.....then don't hide it under a bushel!....Let it shine!.......This little riddle of mine (thats you).....share!! don't be bashfull!....Let it ALL hang out!

Old 06-26-2005, 06:52 PM   #83
robin d.
in time joe in time.. not right now though i promise i will be the one to give its meaning do not feel you must, i will do it on my own but not now... right noew its time to rest many days of pure and utters exhaustion... physically mentally and emtionally.... ben sleeping alot lately i need to catch up
but remember soon

Old 06-26-2005, 07:00 PM   #84
Ophis
I don't know Robin. I feel like reading that message was like eating a couple spoonfulls of baking soda. Cracking the code was like drinking a couple shots of vinigar. I fell like I gotta puke the whole mess up now!!

Old 06-26-2005, 07:11 PM   #85
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
That is not entirely true, Rich. I have seen warning points issued to at least one moderator.

But since Lucille is a moderator, perhaps she wants to issue herself 3 points for abusing her authority to post in her personal forum.
Perhaps I need to rephrase what I said. Lucille is the ONLY person on this site to which I have "given" them their own forum. She is not a global moderator. She is only the "moderator" (which in this context means "caretaker") within those other forums I have specifically asked her to take over (Lonely Hearts Club Forum and the auction fund forum). Unfortunately, this software does not have an "owner" classification, because that label would actually be much more accurate then "moderator" concerning the relationship between Lucille and THIS forum.

So I fail to see how you can claim she violated anything at all, when I gave her no particular requirements about what to do within "her" forum.

Old 06-26-2005, 07:36 PM   #86
Ophis
Thats all well and good Rich, however, since the name of this forum is "The Welcome Club", newbies would probably happen upon The Welcome Club expect its primary use to be one of welcoming new members. Making them feel welcome (you know......all warm and fuzzy with a side of milk and cookies and all). Kinda like Faunas front page. A direct representation of the "Fauna Climate and Philosophy". After Lucille's first post on this thread, maybe you should leave Lucille in charge but change the name to Lucille's Conah (American slang for corner). I think you are doing yourself a disservice otherwise, but what do I know. I'm sure I'm all wrong on that and am standing by for severe correction.

Old 06-26-2005, 07:45 PM   #87
WebSlave
No, Joe. You need to read at least one of my other posts. I also agreed that I do not think the posting was appropriate in this forum. You can seek out that post if you would like to.

Old 06-26-2005, 07:48 PM   #88
Ophis
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
No, Joe. You need to read at least one of my other posts. I also agreed that I do not think the posting was appropriate in this forum. You can seek out that post if you would like to.
See. I knew I screwed something up.

Old 06-26-2005, 08:15 PM   #89
robin d.
ok so do the rule not apply here? is that what you are saynng?or are they just made up as yall go along or as see fit?

Old 06-26-2005, 08:32 PM   #90
WebSlave
Robin, since when are you so concerned about rules?

Personally, I would like to be able to set up a TOS that says nothing more then Thou shalt not behave publicly as an asshole lest you be treated as one, as is deserved and fitting, and let that be the end of it. But there is always going to be the smart ass that will figure out how to behave as half an asshole, eh? Then complain about it when they are interpreted by some people as being the whole hole.

Maybe I could find someone to translate a TOS into Swahili for me, eh? That way I can tell anyone I want that it means something else in order to fit the circumstances.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!