Hurricane Katrina - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 08-30-2005, 01:56 PM   #31
KelliH
Well..

So Wes. I suppose that, according to your point, all the poor/poverty stricken/starving people in the world, choose to be that way. I don't think so.

I agree that had I been in the projected path of a hurricane, I would have certainly evacuated myself and my family. Some of those people there might not have HAD a choice. I have been to Louisiana and Mississippi, and have seen some of those poorer communities. My dad was born and raised in Mississippi and grew up dirt poor, and lots of people still live like that there.

All I am saying is, have compassion for them. Do not judge people so quickly. Of course there are idiots in the world! But sometimes good people make mistakes, bad choices; ALL of us do. Some of the poorest of the poor in those areas live without almost all of the things we take for granted. I seriously doubt buses were motoring around to every community, some of them are pretty remote.

Here is a link for donations to the Red Cross to help those in need.

https://www.redcross.org/donate/donation-form.asp

Old 08-30-2005, 03:50 PM   #32
Wilomn
Kelli, I am not without feelings for those who are suffering. It is historical that the poor live in the least desirable places.

That still does NOT excuse anyone of them for being there. If they do NOT know that they live below sea level or that the levies surrounding them are all that keeps them dry, well it's a shame that such stupidity flourishes.

I don't care how poor you are, if you live in a flood zone, an earthquake zone, fire zone, what ever zone it is, if it is KNOWN to be what it is and you live there, YOU made the choice to stay.

It may NOT have been easy to move, you may not have even considered it feasible. I say you just didn't want to badly enough.

Bad familiar is easier for most folks to comprehend and tolerate than is good unknown.

BUT they make the decision to stay or go, stay with the bad but familiar possibility of being flooded out or the good but unknown of moving to a place where being flooded would not be a concern whether it be to another city or even state.

Maybe in six months or a year we can re-open this can of worms Kelli but I'd respectively like to ask you to leave this one where it is for now. We're tangenting here into a not very nice place and I don't want to be there right now.

thanks

Old 08-30-2005, 04:39 PM   #33
KelliH
Look, no matter where we live, we are surrounded by danger. New Orleans, Los Angeles, Galveston, New York City... really everywhere.

Not sure what can of worms you are talking about, but if you can offer your opinion in the Sound Off forum than so can I. That's all it is, remember? Our opinions. I can handle you having yours if you can handle me having mine!

Let's all just focus on keeping the people of Louisiana and Mississippi and Alabama in our thoughts and prayers. Whether we think they are foolish or not.

Old 08-30-2005, 04:42 PM   #34
Wilomn
Opine away. Perhaps I stepped over a bump that wasn't there.

Old 08-30-2005, 04:44 PM   #35
KelliH
I hate those imaginary bumps!

Old 08-30-2005, 04:46 PM   #36
Wilomn
Damn all bumps and those that support them.

There, that's something we can all rally 'round behind, eh?

Bumps...who needs em anyway. They should all be RUBBED out. Nice and flat, yeah, that's the ticket, nice and flat, like a pancake or the head of the perfect woman, yeah, like that.

Old 08-30-2005, 05:59 PM   #37
kiote9
I like the bumps, real or imaginary. Imagine how flat life would be without them. There would be nothing to learn.

Old 08-30-2005, 06:04 PM   #38
KelliH
Quote:
I like the bumps, real or imaginary. Imagine how flat life would be wothout them. There would be nothing to learn.
Real bumps are ok, but ones that aren't really there (except in our own minds) can be confusing sometimes.

No matter the opinion any of us have of those that did not evacuate, I think the majority of us feel compassion for those that are trapped there, especially in New Orleans. It's such a catastrophe, and so sad.

Old 08-30-2005, 06:47 PM   #39
Laura Fopiano
The perfect woman??

[quote=Wilomn
Nice and flat, yeah, that's the ticket, nice and flat, like a pancake or the head of the perfect woman, yeah, like that.[/QUOTE]

Wow Wes just when your on a role and saying something that I half way agree with ( we are in earth quake country) You say some thing like that!! LOL
See you on the 8th!!

Old 08-31-2005, 06:45 PM   #40
DAND
Thumbs down

Seems there were reasons why some didn't leave. They wanted to be the first ones to take advantage of the sales. They are now looting while wading through waist deep water. What kind of POS would take advantage of such an event to break in and steal from those whom have lost so much? These are the same kind of idiots that would still break a window while being filmed by the local news agency.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!