Hurricane Katrina - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 09-13-2005, 01:54 PM   #81
listenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
I do not see how me asking the two questions I asked implies that I am being closed-minded. Maybe you are reading from Richard’s version of my posts. I was merely wondering why your relatives stayed behind since I didn't see that information in your previous posts. I didn't know if they stayed holed up in their homes and were swept out to sea, or if you simply couldn't contact them after their evacuation, or the situation you just informed us. I was just trying to understand the situation you and they are in which seems pretty open-minded to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by listenn
It did not seem to me that you were trying to understand my, my family's, or friend's situation at all. You came across as being harsh, so I responded in the like. IMHO it looked like you were trying to point blame. If you were wanting information to help and try to find them, IE. me supplying info of whether, or not they had been swept out to sea, etc., if I knew what had happened to them I would not have posted them as still missing. Some of them could have been. I DO NOT KNOW. If you truly care, could you perhaps word things a little more sincerely?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
There you go again Julie. More drama.
Where? I was replying to Dave. And below that I listed the names of people I know that are still missing. I have been asking people if they've come in contact with anyone that is missing. That's asking for help.

Old 09-13-2005, 02:13 PM   #82
DAND
Quote:
It did not seem to me that you were trying to understand my, my family's, or friend's situation at all.
Ah, these were the questions I asked:

Quote:
Julie,

Why didn't your family leave?
Quote:
What about all the others you can't locate?
You (and Richard) are acting like my questions were stated like this:

Quote:
Julie,

Why didn't your DUMBASS family leave?
Quote:
What about all the other DUMBASSES you can't locate?

Quote:
You came across as being harsh, so I responded in the like.
Get real. How in God's name could you honestly say that the two questions I asked were in any way "harsh"?

No, you “responded in the like” after Richard made his assumptions.

Quote:
IMHO it looked like you were trying to point blame.
As I stated to Richard:

Quote:
Comprehension doesn't seem to be one of your strong points. Why don't you try reading what was asked instead of trying to see something that isn't there. You obviously don't pay too much attention do you? Anybody who has seen the way I post would know that I'm not one to beat around the bush or pull my punches. If I was "trying to make someone look dumb for not leaving" or “trying to point blame”, I would come right out and do just that. I simply (you should be able to relate to that word) asked a question.
Quote:
If you truly care, could you perhaps word things a little more sincerely?
Gee sorry, my frilly, candy coated sincerely font does not seem to be operating at the present time.

Old 09-13-2005, 02:30 PM   #83
listenn
I apologize Dave.

Quote:
Gee sorry, my frilly, candy coated sincerely font does not seem to be operating at the present time.

I apologize Dave. Between being harassed by others and dodging what feels like personal attacks on my family and friends, etc., this has really been hard on me and I sincerely apologize for reading anything into your posts that wasn't meant. I tried to look at each post individually and inevitably over-reacted to yours.

I'll keep looking for that font though.

Sincerely,
Julie K. Coultes

Old 09-13-2005, 03:12 PM   #84
DAND
Quote:
I apologize Dave.

I'll keep looking for that font though.
I may have fixed it.
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2005, 03:14 PM   #85
Jim O
Quote:
Where? I was replying to Dave. And below that I listed the names of people I know that are still missing. I have been asking people if they've come in contact with anyone that is missing. That's asking for help.
Is it possible that I was possibly, just possibly replying to your comment to me? And how many times must you keep posting those same names in the same threads? We've seen them already...several times.

Julie, this is long past whether I "care" about those people. You haven't the faintest clue about me but everything you have surmised so far has been way off the mark. This is about you and your attitude. What little credibility you had was lost when you decided to edit that mission statement to suit your purposes. I'm sorry that we cannot all live up to your lofty standards but just because we do not agree with you does not make us bad people or reflect a lack of caring. It simply reflects the fact that we have differing opinions. No amount of whining on your part is going to change that.

Old 09-13-2005, 03:45 PM   #86
listenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
Is it possible that I was possibly, just possibly replying to your comment to me? And how many times must you keep posting those same names in the same threads? We've seen them already...several times.

Julie, this is long past whether I "care" about those people. You haven't the faintest clue about me but everything you have surmised so far has been way off the mark. This is about you and your attitude. What little credibility you had was lost when you decided to edit that mission statement to suit your purposes. I'm sorry that we cannot all live up to your lofty standards but just because we do not agree with you does not make us bad people or reflect a lack of caring. It simply reflects the fact that we have differing opinions. No amount of whining on your part is going to change that.

I am not whining. I never was. I keep posting names of people missing because they are still missing and several people are continuing to check for updates. I have received several PM's and emails regarding the list. All wishing well, or contacting me in regards to helping someone they know that needs a place to stay.

I did not transfer the part about aborting as to not upset, or stir any emotions pertaining to that sensitive issue. I did not transfer the part about if the Dr. you are with cannot provide you adequate care they are supposed to refer you to a Dr. whom they think can, because all and all, that is widely understood.

Sincerely,
Julie K. Coultes

Old 09-13-2005, 04:13 PM   #87
Wilomn
julie, let me help you out on this one.

If you quote something in the future, do it in its entirety or say that it has been altered.

Don't try to explain why you did it. Just acknowledge that you goofed and won't do it again. Then, don't do it again.

You're teetering on the brink of annoyance peak, leaning in fact, quite far over the edge. IF you keep explaining I suspect you'll topple off that narrow brink right quick like.

In all sincerety.

Old 09-14-2005, 03:51 PM   #88
listenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
julie, let me help you out on this one.

If you quote something in the future, do it in its entirety or say that it has been altered.

Don't try to explain why you did it. Just acknowledge that you goofed and won't do it again. Then, don't do it again.

You're teetering on the brink of annoyance peak, leaning in fact, quite far over the edge. IF you keep explaining I suspect you'll topple off that narrow brink right quick like.

In all sincerety.

Why do you constantly harass me and have something derogatory to say about my posts? I have been truly sincere, tried to reason and you constantly throw it in my face like this is some huge game to you. You can say all you want, but I'm an annoyance for replying? That's a bit not right.

Yes I got upset about things that were said, it's a rather "close-to-home" topic. I think if the rolls were reversed, you might see things a bit different? No I don't expect, nor did I ever think, everyone will agree with everyone else, that would truly be a boring world to live in. I have been trying to understand your perspective. We can just agree to disagee.

In all sincerity.

Old 09-14-2005, 04:05 PM   #89
Wilomn
whatever.

I understand that you are under a lot of stress and so will table this until you feel more able to deal with it, if you ever do. It really is of no matter to me how you feel I feel about you.

I hope you find your friends and family.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!