Recent things that are really annoying... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 03:24 PM   #1
pogonadragon
Recent things that are really annoying...

First, Katrina... For one thing, I'm sick of the idea that people are being "forced" out of their homes... so now, people within their own homes, REGARDLESS of circumstances, are being FORCED out of their own private property? Hmmm, yep, we're still the land of the free...

In CA the latest Bill on Homosexual Marriage, AB 849 that passed the assembly but fortunately was vetoed by Arnold... The homosexual marriage issue aside, this is about our votes. California VOTED on Prop 22 a few years back. The people stated very clearly that they wanted to uphold traditional marriage. Mark Leno of the 13th district is on the chair on the California Gay Lesbian Transgender Bisexual caucus. He authored this bill... Now, in spite of the people telling the government what they wanted the state assembly and people like Mark Leno SPIT in their faces and totally ignored the WILL OF THE PEOPLE by introducing this bill. The scary thing is that because, as they claim, in the name of "tolerance, fairness" or whatever they blatantly state that they know better than the people. That is NOT the way this country is supposed to run. Mark Leno and EVERY OTHER official in the government is "Of the people, by the people, and for the people" NOT over the people. What's more, where are all the bleeding hearts from last November's election screaming at the top of their lungs about "count every vote... blah blah blah"?! What about now when every vote that doesn't fit their special interest is NOT counted!? Hmmm...
Well, anyways, those are the two news things that are really bugging me... disagree or agree, it makes no difference really. I'm just ranting.

Old 09-09-2005, 04:59 PM   #2
pogonadragon
I love it, my reputation has gone down drastically just because of my opinion... I don't know what "rep power" is, but it's hysterical that an opinion can cause so much discord... I don't know exactly what part is sooo offensive, I'm just mad with how much government control is out there in spite of us! Yeah, makes sense why so many people would be mad at me for that!

Old 09-09-2005, 05:05 PM   #3
ms_terese
The problem with people staying in their homes is that if they don't have power, or phones, or safe drinking water, etc. etc., and something tragic occurs because of that, it's one more situation that the government (at some level) will either have to intervene to fix in an emergency situation or will be blamed for (i.e., sued) at a later date.

People are all about their personal rights, but stop short at assuming personal responsibility as well. The agencies, both government based and volunteer based, are at the breaking point, and simply need everyone's cooperation to get things handled without further complications.

Old 09-09-2005, 08:31 PM   #4
pogonadragon
exactly true!

See, that is very true. Realistically, we have become really gov dependent. I understand COMPLETELY that something as horrible as Katrina is causing IMMENSE problems and people should logically know to leave on their own (if at all possible, some can't on their own) however, I guess I'm too opposed to gov intrusion (NOT in any way some nut who thinks it's all just a conspiracy, not like that...) but the annoying thing is we have, like you stated, got that whole I'll sue you factor in place that almost forces our government at whatever level to step in and basically play mommy to us.
I dunno, it's just scary to think that now we can't even be in our homes if we choose to (knowing the risk/danger) but of course, if we were to do so and then later decided to, we could sue the daylights out of our gov! Ironic...

Old 09-09-2005, 10:25 PM   #5
Jim O
Are you opposed to building codes and giving the government the authority to condemn unsafe structures? What if there had been a radiation leak? Who should pay when the people who do not want to leave get sick? Should their insurers be responsible for their stupidity? Should they have access to police, fire, and ambulance services because they want to stay? These are fair questions, don't you think?

And if you oppose government intrusion so much, why are you opposed to two people deciding to marry? Doesn't the majority sometimes not rule? Did not the "majority" vote for Al Gore in 2000? Why did we "allow" the Supreme Court to defy the will of the "majority"? Oh, I forgot, it was those "bleeding hearts" that voted for him. Ironic, no?

Old 09-10-2005, 12:23 AM   #6
pogonadragon
To sum it up, you know my stance, and that's all I need to say.
It's not about marriage, it's not about stupidity, it's just my rant/opinion...

Old 09-10-2005, 10:35 PM   #7
Dennis1
Homosexuality is most definetly WRONG!!!

Old 09-10-2005, 11:20 PM   #8
Matt Haines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis1
As far as the fags and lesbians go i dont want my children subjected to that kind of mental illness...I wish they would just go back in the closet
I do not have a problem with homosexuals so long as they don't want me involved in their extracurricular activities. Let them do what they want just as you want the same for yourself. I think so long as you raise your children correctly, the blatant display of homosexuality in public is not going to "taint" or "warp" their minds. As well there isn't a secret homo cult that is plotting and concieving a master plan to gay up your kids into conversion.

Old 09-10-2005, 11:45 PM   #9
Dennis1
Deleted

Old 09-11-2005, 12:13 AM   #10
A_Kendergirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis1
As far as the fags and lesbians go i dont want my children subjected to that kind of mental illness...I wish they would just go back in the closet
That is by far the most offensive statement I have read on this forum...I've I've seen a number of them.

Do you even know anyone who is homosexual? They are people just like everyone else, and they want love like everyone else. It's not their mission to spread their "gayness" all over the place. They just want live their life and be happy - yet you think you should have the right to deny them that. Your disgust/phobia of homosexuals is a far worse mental illness and will do much more harm to your child than them knowing that a woman loves another woman (or man to man) because that's how they were born. It's not a mental illness. Grow up. They get a little tired of people like yourself trying to spread your heterosexuality - it doesn't work in EITHER direction!

As for a politician reviving an issue such as gay marriage - that's what they are suppose to do. Just because the narrow-minded majority hates it, doesn't mean that people can learn to be more accepting and change their mind in time. Sometimes the government has to step and and do what they know is right for the minority, despite opposition from the majority. Civil rights movement ring a bell?

What possible harm could ever come to you, your neighbor, or your children if two people that love each other (regardless of sex) get married. I'll tell you - NONE!!!!!!!!!!! And if you're a divorce lawyer, you can buy pants with bigger pockets because it means there will be more divorces too. Know why? BECAUSE THEY ARE HUMAN! Don't give me that crap line that "Gay marriage defiles marriage as an institution for heterosexuals". Straight people get into marriages all the time, and get divorced all the time. Last I heard of the great "intitution" of marriage is that over 50% get divorced.

Frankly, it makes me ashamed to find that no one has stood up to this bigotry yet.

It's you who should hang your head in shame for shunning other people who never have and never will harm you because of their sexual preference. I'm sure God finds this type of thinking fantastic "get into heaven" type matterial - after all, he wants people to hate others for no reason (sarcasm).

And just for the record, I'm straight and have been happily married for over 5 years. You don't see me running in terror because "the gays are coming".

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread