A few things that irk me - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 07-17-2006, 09:18 PM   #11
DThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX11
But, the reason I speak more about Harleys is because every Harley owner tosses the pipes first in favor of the loud junk.
Right there is your problem. NOT all Harley owners do that. I happen to still have the stock pipes on my Ultra. I do plan on replacing them but with a different set of Harley pipes. And I am not doing it for the sound but for the performance increase Screaming Eagle pipes give. FYI, I used to own a Honda CBR 600F3 so I have been on both sides of the fence.

Old 07-17-2006, 09:19 PM   #12
DThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72

And yeah.....it's WAY too hot for the leathers now. LOL.
Yup, decked out in full leather in 115f heat is asking for heat stroke, quickly...lol

Old 07-17-2006, 09:32 PM   #13
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX11
I get your point Cathy. No more picking on Harleys. But, I have heard them all in reference to Asian bikes. Rice rocket, rice burner, rice eater, rice boy, metric meyham, etc. Never bothers me.

But, the reason I speak more about Harleys is because every Harley owner tosses the pipes first in favor of the loud junk. The V&H system you have is definately very loud, but only when you get on the pipe, otherwise, it is a tolerable level at cruising speeds. Systems like Mac are way beyond reasonable.

By the way, by "mods", I meant modifications. Exhaust system components, included. What were you thinking??? LOL

BTW, I have nothing against Harleys, or their owners. We all ride, right? As long as our knees are in the breeze, its all good. ride safe
As Dennis already said, the problem lies when you say, "EVERY Harley rider". We have a couple that ride with us who have always kept their stock pipes....we poke fun at them and call them the "stealth Harley", LOL....and a couple of those we ride with went for the Screamin Eagle pipes as well. We aren't all wishing for deafness. I do agree that some are just too stinkin loud, but don't lump us all together!

And to be completely honest......I read over the part where you said you had no probs with "mods on a bike" and thought you were sucking up....LOL. My bad, I owe you an apology on that one. I was in "gripe mode".

Old 07-20-2006, 03:00 PM   #14
ladyserpent7
id have to agree w/ lucille on the screaming children in the market....actually anywhere....especially on the bus when they scream a really high pitched scream that lasts about 30 seconds and the parent does nothing about it....if that was my kid......

oh...and whats w/ the rudeness of people these days...i work in a retail store, and people have no manners whatsoever...theyll go in the fitting room and try on 10 items, even though theyre only allowed to take in 5 at a time...and they come out..not wanting anything,,and whats worse...EVERYTHING is on the floor, piled up in the corner...is that how people live at home too?...and whats worse...people actually throw their gum on the floor...in the store....how could anyone do that and not feel guilty...thats just nasty....its like going in to someones house and spitting your gum on their carpet....nasty crazy people, make me sick

Old 07-20-2006, 08:33 PM   #15
ZX11
When kids run wild in the store, I either want to clothesline them or trip them and watch the kid do a skidding faceplant. But, no, I am Mr Niceguy and just throw canned fruit and 'em.

Old 07-20-2006, 10:08 PM   #16
ladyserpent7
haha..thats funny...but not any better cuz its still in a metal can....

Old 07-20-2006, 10:59 PM   #17
sschind
Just a couple of comments about your gripes before I get to mine.

Kids misbehaving in stores: A lady came into my store once with three little brats in tow. They were probably around 3 or 4 years old. She was in the store for about 15 minutes while the kids ran all over pounding on the fish tanks and reptile tanks, screaming in front of the tanks, calling out about a hundred times "mom come and see this" while mom ignored them. taking dry good off the shelves, playing with the cat toys and all sorts of other things. All the while mom just ignored them. Several times I told them not to run in the store, to quit pounding on the tanks, to not throw the cat toys around etc. All while mom just stood there reading the labels on the fish food. Finally she made her selection, haphazardly rounded up the brood and came to the checkout. While I was ringing up the sale she said "you don't like children much do you" I looked her straight in the eye and told her " Lady, I have absolutely no problem with children" She looked at me and stormed out without the food. It was the nicest $5.00 sale I never made.

People taking up multiple parking spaces: When I was in High school my friends and I would go to the mall just to hang out like all the kids did. One day, we were each in our own cars, and we pulled into the lot, it wasn't jam packed but we did have to drive around a bit to find a couple of spots. As we were walking into the store a guy pulled in and parked at an angle across 2 spots. We got back into our own cars and he parked, right between the lines, in front of his truck, and I parked, right between the lines behind it. He could not get out. Then we went in and took a seat at the little cafe so we could watch. He came out about half hour later and was totally pissed off. He asked several people if they knew who the cars belonged to and even though a couple of them did they said no. He called the cops and they said there was nothing they could do as we were parked legally and if they were so inclined they could give him a ticket. I could see one of the cops trying real hard not to laugh out loud at the prick. After about 45 minutes we casually walked out and got into our cars and drove away. I suppose nowdays the guy would have pulled out a 45 and shot us both.

another parking story: Again, in high school, we went to a local county fair. as there were no lines you can all imagine how screwed up parking can get in these situations. Well, as we were leaving we could see where several people had been blocked in by people parking right behind them essentially sandwiching them between two cars. My buddy had a big 4 wheel drive so we just started pulling the offending cars out into the lot so the others could get out. Then we left them there and the police came and gave them all tickets and towed several of the cars away.

Now for my own gripe: Cell phones drive me absolutely crazy. people come in to my store, start asking questions and when I start to answer them their damned cell phone rings and they have the balls to take the call. When that happens I simply walk away to start helping the next person or go back about the task I was doing before they came in. If there was a device that would block all cell phone signals within a certain radius I would own one in a heart beat. I suppose, like lawyers, cell phones do have a rare usefullness, but 99% of the time they are simply annoyances.

Old 07-24-2006, 12:49 PM   #18
ZX11
I agree about cell phones. I have one, as most folks, but it never rings. No one knows the number because it is not an American number. I do have a pager and am paged alot, but it remains silent, so as not to disturb others. I call when I want and no calls coming in. Safe, reliable, saves money, and bothers no one.

Old 09-08-2006, 05:47 PM   #19
harrellharrell
I do have a cell pphone. Turned to vibrate in my pocket and not answered when I have solicited a converstion with someone. My Mama raised me right. I anm 25 years old and I usually sound like my mother when I am talking about "kids" my age!

Melissa

Old 09-08-2006, 05:49 PM   #20
harrellharrell
Can't spell today, Sorry about the typos

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!