Never Introduced Myself - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 12-26-2006, 01:40 AM   #1
Styx
Never Introduced Myself

I supposed I forgot, or never noticed the welcome part of the forum. I’m a security guard/artist by trade. Soon to attend college. I live in Utah.

I own a lot of pets, soon to have more. :3 I can’t get enough of them and I treasure them all. I even have a hard time culling sick or deformed fry despite the necessity.

I used to be into bettas heavily, but I’m slowly cutting back and moving into geckos due to the short life spans of the little fish. It’s just more than I can handle when they reach the end of their lives in just a few short years.

I breed and keep a few select betta splendens, I own one betta fusca (mate died due to an accident), four black calvus, one white calvus, and one pleco. I have twenty-six fish in all.

I also have a ball python; he was a Christmas gift from my mother four or five years ago. A pair of Kenyan sand boas on top of the python make up my snake collection. I'd like more ball pythons to breed, but all the ones I want are a smidge bit expensive. lol

My favorites, and what I’m getting into the most now, are the geckos. I have three gargoyles and one crestie; hopefully I will have more of each and other species soon. I really like setting up the vivariums for the geckos, I think it’s a lot of fun putting in plants and décor that the gecko then enjoys. I intend to establish a few colonies of each gecko and get into breeding. I’m going slowly, since I’m saving up for high quality reptiles. My favorite of the geckos is a male gargoyle I bought from S&M Reptiles in October. He is so cute I can hardly stand it. He's so well behaved and will just sit on my shoulder and hang out for up to an hour. His set up is, of course, the most lavish. Ha.

I also have one dog, the best of them all (yeah, I have favorites). He’s a pom and my little baby.

I’d like to get a chameleon one of these days. A Nosy Be panther. I’ve been talking to breeders for two… wait, three years now, getting a lot of information on them, but I’m still not ready for one yet.

I think that’s about it. There’s nothing more I can say about my life other than my pets and my art I’m afraid.

Old 12-26-2006, 04:28 AM   #2
DAND
Better late than never. Welcome to the forum.

Old 12-26-2006, 02:25 PM   #3
HerpLuver
Welcome to the forums Styx! Like DAND said, better late then never! Sounds like you have a nice collection of fish. I have 1 betta right now, but really want clown fish and Coy(sp?) But everytime i go to the store and see them, they are in the same tank as goldfish. Then i get confused as to which one is which, can't decide, and leave the store in frustration!!! LoL

Old 12-26-2006, 03:12 PM   #4
Styx
I'd love a clown fish, but holy crap salt water is expensive and so much work. Koi. ;3 Koi look similer to common goldies in body shape, but they get massive. Koi are carp, like other goldfish. I'm not really sure how to "tell", or explain it in a way that makes sense, since I just kind of know which is which. lol I think the rule of thumb is 100 gallons of water per koi in your pond. Or something like that. A friend of mine has a huge 5,000 gallon pond and is gonna get some koi imported from his cousin in Japan. I'm gonna help him set up the pond with plants when he gets it all ready. Kind of exciting.

I love koi myself, but I can't have a pond big enough in my yard. My favorite are the asagi and I like a lot of the ogons.

Old 12-30-2006, 02:44 PM   #5
Dennis Hultman
Welcome to Fauna!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!