new carpets - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-10-2009, 09:18 PM   #1
pwargcm
new carpets

ok, so im a colubrid guy mostly, have had boas that now my buddy owns because he had the space and i wanted more space. but i really like carpets and want to get into them. im just looking to see what you guys think i should be reading and what not. im thinking of maybe waiting for the steel city show to go through pittsburgh, and other local shows before i commit to one so i can see the one im buying in person. but as far as husbandry research i have ordered 2 books that interested me and looked like a good read. they are, Keeping and Breeding Ausi pythons by Mike swan, and Pythons of Ausi: a natural history by Eleanor Torr.

is there any other sites that you would reccomend for husbandry recommendations or anything. im thinking for caging of building a arboreal rack since i wanna get juveniles to start with. and maybe not just get one, maybe a male and a couple females for a small project.

any info or anything is greatly appreciated. thanks for any help guys.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:59 AM   #2
dp252
I have a high yellow jungle carpet python who is a female and i love carpets the personality of a juvenile my female being 1 year and my male almost 2 i very much enjoy having them people say that they can be a bit nippy at a young age and even up to full grown but with pretty constant handling they become great snakes i have bamboo for them to climb on in a custom built arboreal cage. Both my male and female exhale very loud and at the begging i though was a hiss but quickly learned that it was just exhaling and they do tend to be a bit nippy during shedding my female is in shed now and she does not enjoy company of the male or myself or other snakes, other then the "paranoid" personalty these snakes are one of my favorites

Old 10-13-2009, 06:03 PM   #3
creatism123
love them ac reptiles has some good info on it.
i keep coastals and ijs, the coastals are a bit calmer in general then the other 2 sub species. justr be careful opening the cage as the feeding response insane.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!