IL CONSTRICTOR LAWS - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > USA State Specific Issues

Notices

USA State Specific Issues Issues that are specific to a particular state, or subregion within a state, should be appended to the existing relevant thread. NEW threads cannot be created in this forum.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:44 AM   #41
bigcountry
joseph, what kind of snake are you holding in the photo? looks like a short tailed python of some sort...

Old 06-20-2007, 03:36 PM   #42
constrictorcrazi74
The guy I purchased him from said it was a blackxred blood cross . But its in the short tail python catergory just a mix. Great snakes tho

Old 07-20-2007, 06:57 PM   #43
eunectes4
Just so you know, "purchase" is a noun. "Purchased" is not a word. You bought it from a guy. You "make" a purchase, and you "buy" a snake.

Not a lecture...just thought I would mention it so we can learn.

And back to that constrictor law...each county, and more specific local law or ordinance could have more strict regulations, but on a state level, the supreme court precedence is 15 ft. The publication on the 6 ft regulation does only apply to pet stores, not private individuals.

This is the law:

"SECTION 0.1. As used in this Act, unless the context otherwise requires: "Dangerous animal" means a lion, tiger, leopard, ocelot, jaguar, cheetah, margay, mountain lion, lynx, bobcat, jaguarundi, bear, hyena, wolf or coyote, or any poisonous or life-threatening reptile."

It is not stated what is defined as a life-threatening reptile. The court decides this, and the precedence is 15 ft, not 6 ft. Again, this is on a state level, it does not include any local regulations that need to be followed within those borders.

Old 07-21-2007, 12:29 AM   #44
Tim Cole
Define

"life threatening reptile" since poisonous reptiles do not exist! A properly caged reptile regardless of species is a threat to no one.

Old 07-21-2007, 11:26 AM   #45
constrictorcrazi74
see what i mean people just have to stir up drama for unnecessary reasons

Old 07-21-2007, 11:51 AM   #46
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by constrictorcrazi74
see what i mean people just have to stir up drama for unnecessary reasons
and just who was that directed at?

Old 07-21-2007, 11:58 AM   #47
constrictorcrazi74
it was toward gavin brink no one else just him

[quote=eunectes4]Just so you know, "purchase" is a noun. "Purchased" is not a word. You bought it from a guy. You "make" a purchase, and you "buy" a snake.

Not a lecture...just thought I would mention it so we can learn.

Old 07-21-2007, 12:00 PM   #48
hhmoore
ok - hey, Gavin...check out this link:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/purchased

Old 07-21-2007, 12:17 PM   #49
constrictorcrazi74
haha thanks harald

Old 07-21-2007, 01:52 PM   #50
eunectes4
lol, I am not trying to stir up any trouble here. I actually thought that might be a light joke before I got back on topic. I actually appreciate when people will correct my grammar. It really only helps me. I would not take offense to it Joseph, it is only helping you in the long run.

However, I hope the debates on English are not causing people to miss what the Illinois law is on constrictors.

Anyway, I am not allowed to follow dictionary.com. I live with a journalist, and the rules on grammar are more strict lol. "Purchased" is not a word in Websters unabridged deluxe edition dictionary. Dictionary.com has accounted for its accepted use (mostly conversational use) over time. For those of us who live with someone who has a career with a standard of maintaining the integrity of the English language...we don't use the word "hopefully", we "presume" things will happen, for we can only "assume" a position, and we "buy" a snake. "Purchase" should only be used as a noun.

I don't really like to argue with folks that have the same interests as I do. Come to this weeks Chicago Herpetological Society meeting Joseph. We can chat about snakes and constrictor laws and I promiss we will be using bad grammar.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!