James Stelpflug SW Wisconsin reptiles is a liar - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:01 PM   #1
Phoenix2
James Stelpflug SW Wisconsin reptiles is a liar

We're the couple that were raided back in January. We'd like to thank everyone for their support and e-mails. The Dubuque Three the three baby sand boas) are doing fine. We got them back and they are now living the good life outside the city of Dubuque. Through the legal system, the city of Dubuque gave us the name of the person who lied to them causing the January 3 raid on our home. The city of Dubuque stated it was James Stelpflug of SW Wisconsin Reptiles, Dickeyville, WI. We thought he was a friend. He turned on us for no reason and lied to the city officials telling them we had pythons, boa constrictors, and venomous snakes. All of which are illegal in the city of Dubuque. We obviously did not have them or it would have made headlines. It's true that you can't trust some people, but at the same time there are good people that backed us and stood beside us to no end.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:09 PM   #2
iasc300
What a jerk- Thanks for giving us his name- I know I will never buy from him and I hope nobody else will as well- Once again im glad everything turned out ok for you guys and wish you the best

Old 05-30-2007, 09:35 PM   #3
floridaboy85
I don't like the sounds of someone who would do something like that for no reason. Does he sell on line, and if so where are his adds and what name does he post under?? Might help others out of Wisconsin to avoid him. Glad you were able to get them back!!!

Old 05-30-2007, 11:41 PM   #4
Mark Schmidtke
What kind of proof do you have that it was in fact him? Did he sign a written complaint or was it a complaint given over the phone? How do the city officials know that it was actually Jim who issued the complaint? Is it possible that it was someone giving his name and address thereby smearing you both at the same time? I don't know, maybe it's just my paranoia acting up again but something doesn't sound quite right. I mean, whats in it for him? It doesn't make sense.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:08 AM   #5
BAWAA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Schmidtke
What kind of proof do you have that it was in fact him? Did he sign a written complaint or was it a complaint given over the phone? How do the city officials know that it was actually Jim who issued the complaint? Is it possible that it was someone giving his name and address thereby smearing you both at the same time? I don't know, maybe it's just my paranoia acting up again but something doesn't sound quite right. I mean, whats in it for him? It doesn't make sense.

My name is Gary Quirk, I have known Jim for years(8-10yrs), have had numerous business dealings with him and have spent alot of time with him in and around the Herp Community, and this would be completely out of character for Jim. I agree with Mark in the fact what kind of proof does the city show as far as Jim being the one making the complaint. What would he have to gain? Something just doesn't add up here!Are we hearing the whole story?

Old 05-31-2007, 09:01 AM   #6
damian47
Hi, my name is Mike Roe.
I live in Iowa and know Jim very well.
I saw you at the Iowa Herp Sale in Des Moines last Sept.
Am I mistaken, I thought you had pythons for sale there??
If you're in Dubuque how did you have them??
I've also heard that you sold hognose here in IOWA, Isn't that ILLEGAL??
Why did they take the boas from you and after they were returned you have to have them out of city limits??
Don't you have past hard feelings about a breeder loan that you tried to sue Jim about but that didn't work for you.
Why would you bash someone here??
LOOK IN THE MIRROR!!!!

Old 05-31-2007, 09:38 AM   #7
monkeywrench133
Quote:
Originally Posted by damian47
Hi, my name is Mike Roe.
Why did they take the boas from you and after they were returned you have to have them out of city limits??
Don't you have past hard feelings about a breeder loan that you tried to sue Jim about but that didn't work for you.
LOOK IN THE MIRROR!!!!

I don't want to get into a tit for tat game here, but you're doing exactly what you're saying they are doing: Making allegations with no proof.

You thought they had pythons?
You heard they sold a hognose?

However, the breeder loan gone bad is interesting. If such a thing did occur, it could be the motivation behind all this, on both sides. Does anyone have any information about this supposed law suit?

And to be honest, I would feel a whole lot better about this thread if there was something more conclusive that "the city told us it was James" to paraphrase. Phoenix2, has the city released any documentation to you? Anything that shows the whole fiasco was started by James?

Old 05-31-2007, 09:47 AM   #8
sciteacher
I've known Jim for years and did extensive business with him years ago when I was breeding snakes. I'd visit his place a couple of times a year to see what he was working on and pick up a few animals. I still bump into him at shows occasionally and touch base with him. One negative allegation posted here and people are so quick to jump to conclusions. I had nothing but good experiences in dealing with Jim and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to others.

Gary Hamann

Old 05-31-2007, 09:53 AM   #9
Laura Fopiano
Quote:
Originally Posted by damian47
Hi, my name is Mike Roe.
LOOK IN THE MIRROR!!!!
Some thing else doesn't look right either.....are you the same Mike in these threads???????????
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ght=Mike+Mandy

Old 05-31-2007, 10:28 AM   #10
monkeywrench133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Fopiano
Some thing else doesn't look right either.....are you the same Mike in these threads???????????
Interesting. If its the same guy, he's been ripping people off for a long time.

It might be a long shot, but could someone do an IP check?

The IP found to be "Mike Roe's" in the other thread was 63.230.61.104, does that match this "mike roe"?

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...09&postcount=8

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!