Who do you consider to be the largest "pioneer" in the business? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

View Poll Results: What breeder do you feel has impacted the business the most?
Bob Clark 28 19.86%
Rich Ihle 2 1.42%
Peter Kahl 5 3.55%
NERD 21 14.89%
Mike Wilbanks 0 0%
The Baldagos 3 2.13%
Brian Sharp 0 0%
Ron Tremper 6 4.26%
Casey Lazik 1 0.71%
Morph King 0 0%
Sandfire Dragon Ranch 3 2.13%
The Sutherlands 0 0%
Mark & Kim Bell 7 4.96%
The Barkers 13 9.22%
other 52 36.88%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-2006, 11:45 AM   #31
Martino Reptiles
Hmm..

We forgot one key person that has been at the forefront of herpetoculture, the late Lloyd Lemke. Lloyd was one of the best gents I have ever had the pleasure of knowing, and was around long before many other breeders now popular today.

- Vic

Old 09-21-2006, 08:32 PM   #32
Metachrosis
Tommy Crutchfield
With out him there wouldnt be much of a list IMO.
My Vote counted and opinion stated

M/

Old 09-25-2006, 02:55 AM   #33
svtuon
i had the oppotunity to meet and talk to who i believe was definetly someone who should be mention also and that would be terry lilley from central coast reptiles. im not saying he was the "pioneer" but honorable mention should be said.

santho t...

Old 10-03-2006, 04:36 PM   #34
evansnakes
Terry Lilley is one of the worst things that has ever happened to this industry. Search his name on the BOI and read how many people he has screwed over the years! He is a proven liar and all around person to avoid at all costs!

Lloyd Lemke was a name that should have made this list sooner. He was a pioneer.

Old 10-03-2006, 05:42 PM   #35
CrazyReptileWorld
I don't know many of these breeders...Mostly I know people by their website or company name..I need to get better at knowing their real names

Old 10-04-2006, 04:25 AM   #36
svtuon
dang.. i just took evans advice n checked out the BOI and im speechless.. that stuff is crazy.. that foo is skandalous.. sorry guys ya should juss delete my last post i take it back.. haha sucks to be him...

Old 11-21-2006, 12:05 AM   #37
BoaMan Jon
Not one of the names on the list have anything to do with my favorite genus, Corallus.

How about Tony Nicoli of Awesome Arboreals, Danny Mendez of Urban Jungels, or the new master of Corallus (to me at leat), Matt Lerer? They have produced some of the most amazing treeboas known in existance and Matt Lerer has produced C. hortulanus this season that just BLOWS MY MIND.

In my opinion the voting list is missing a TON of key figures and is isolated to very few species of reptile breeding.

Old 11-24-2006, 04:26 PM   #38
garweft
Wow, I have to agree with Evan and the others. If you were to go back 10-20 years ago you would not have even heard of the majority of those on the list. Yes, they have made a contribution, but they aren't pioneers.

I would like to add 3 people to the ongoing list; Roger Conant, Bill Haast, and Don Hamper.

My vote would go to Carl Kauffeld for his book Snakes: The Keeper and the Kept

Old 04-09-2007, 04:06 PM   #39
Intense Herpetoculture
Joe Laszlo

Old 04-09-2007, 09:51 PM   #40
jsrocket
Ross Allen, Bill Haast, Raymond Ditmars, Roger Conant.

I read Ross Allen's "Adventures with Reptiles", when I was about 10. I was amazed that there were grownups who were actually interested in reptile research.

These are 4 big "pioneers" in my book. All the breeding and morph stuff came later.

Oops, forgot Klauber.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!