Ohio state law issues - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > USA State Specific Issues

Notices

USA State Specific Issues Issues that are specific to a particular state, or subregion within a state, should be appended to the existing relevant thread. NEW threads cannot be created in this forum.

Old 07-18-2003, 02:07 PM   #11
meretseger
We're in Columbus, how can we help?
Now we can't keep native OR exotic animals without the goverment having their hands in it.

Erin Benner

Old 07-23-2003, 08:44 PM   #12
Adamanteus
Ohio State Links

State Homepage - http://www.state.oh.us/

State Legislature - http://www.legislature.state.oh.us/

State Statutes/Code - http://onlinedocs.andersonpublishing.com/revisedcode/

Old 09-05-2003, 10:22 PM   #13
meretseger
Creepy new law?

My husband was in a local Petland buying feeder fish today, and they had a form on the counter where everyone buying fish or reptiles had to write down their name and address. They said it was a new law, but I could see where they might be wrong about that. Anyone else hear anything about this? At the very most the government is going to know that I buy up to 8 dozen fish a week. Any info would be appreciated.

Erin Benner

Old 09-08-2003, 11:42 AM   #14
sirenofthestorm
You don't have to comply with the law unless the pet store or local authorities are willing to tell you what the name of the law is, and even then, a little civil disobedience was always a good time. If the pet store clerk/owner or police won't tell you, there's this wonderful little thing called the Freedom of Information Act that requires them to. If its just a county law, I would probably consider just driving to the next county or ordering online. Anyway, that's my two cents. Hope you get that straightened out.

Old 11-01-2003, 12:55 AM   #15
hotherps2003
I am in Toledo, we do not have anything like that here, so its not a state law, chances are you are being lied to...

Old 11-01-2003, 04:38 PM   #16
Clay Davenport
I personally would never comply with that "law" assuming it actually was one.
I refuse to give Lowe's my zip code when I'm checking out. My personal information is just that, personal, and will not be made a condition of buying anything like a few feeder fish.

At the very least I'd just write down some ficticious name, if you are not the type of person that enjoys a little confrontation. Myself though, I'd flatly refuse and demand to know the exact name and wording of the law in question. If the situation deteriorated further I'd leave the fish on the counter and tell them they'd have no buisness from me at any time in the future.

Old 11-10-2003, 11:15 AM   #17
chellendan21602
Thumbs down reptile sting in ohio?

anyone else in Ohio think they were falsely stung under the reptile sting in Ohio? post it, would like to know
Thanks
Dan

Old 02-12-2004, 11:12 AM   #18
Nelly135
I work at a Pet store and there is no law that reqires you to leave your name and address.

Allen

Old 03-06-2004, 09:29 AM   #19
stevep
? On Ohio laws??

Hi
I just moved back to Ohio after spending two years in Texas. I just tried to buy a pair of Coastal Plains Milksnakes and was told that they could not sell them to me because the state of Ohio requires all herps to have a vet check cert. They would be coming out of York , Pa.
I've tried to find the laws but it's all to confusing, or I'm not looking in the right place. I'm sure that someone out there is much smarter than I and hopefully you can let me know whats up?
I see that you need a permit if you own native species. What is needed to keep non-native herps?
Thanks for your help
Steve

Old 03-06-2004, 02:50 PM   #20
Adamanteus
Hi Steve,
As far as I know(and I thought I was up to date).
There are NO laws on the state level pertaining to exotic herps.
the only laws apply to Ohio natives.

PA does require all animals that are either brokered or wildcaught to be accompanied with a Vet. bill of health but this doesn't apply to captive breed if who ever produced them is shipping or transporting them. But that's into PA.

I was also told by a Ohio USDA official that they do not regulate reptiles in any way. and this is the office that the laws are thru in PA.

I'm in contact with our local ODNR officer on a regular basis and he would have informed me of such.

also there's nothing in the Ohio revised code or the Ohio administrative code(besides the natives laws introduced in 2000). and nothing new in legislation.

so sounds like me someone in PA is confused.

Let me know if theres something I'm missing please.

Mark,

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!