AHHH!!! i Have eggs... HELP!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-24-2005, 02:04 PM   #1
ghengistahn
AHHH!!! i Have eggs... HELP!!!!

hey guys, my ball python just layed eggs today... What do i do?? I dont want them to die... I am going to read up on ball python breeding however.. if someone could post how i should incubate them or how i can take them away from the mother that would be great.. i was not planning on breeding my balls until next winter but i guess the one i purchased had already mated.. anyhow if anyone has links or anything of that sort please send them to me

ghengistahn@yahoo.com or pm or respond to this message.

. sorry if you guys feel that i am irresponsible but i purchased this female as an adult and it has never been next to any of my males.. it had already been premated i guess!! from its original owner.. but please i need HELP Fast.. just to keep them safe as soon as i get of this i am going to buy tht dr seward breeding dvd.. thanks for your help guys ...

Old 04-24-2005, 02:51 PM   #2
Vince
Its more irresponsible of the person who sold it to you. Hope all goes well with the incubation.

Read this guid. It will help you a lot.

"I separate the eggs from each other as much as I can and place them in a tupperware with the peat/vermiculite mixture. Being in the midwest has it's advantages in that our local farm supply (Farm & Fleet) sells Hovabator brand incubators for about $30. After about sixty days of incubating at 88-90F, you should see heads pip from the eggs. Usually the whole clutch will pop heads out within about 24 hours of each other. At this point, I remove the tupperware from the incubator and place it into a warm ten gallon tank. Typically within 24-48 hour of pipping the baby snakes have absorbed the egg yolk, and decide to fully emerge from the egg. A week or ten days later the babies will have their first slough. A week or so after the shed you should start trying to get them to eat."

Full Guid
http://www.kingsnake.com/ballpythonguide/index.html

Old 04-26-2005, 12:48 AM   #3
ghengistahn
Hey vince thanks alot.. for the guide.. i actually went to chicago reptile house to get some tips brian from there is awesome and got me a hovabator vermeculite and everything i needed.. thanks thought i really appreciate it .. im soo exicted...

Old 04-26-2005, 02:32 AM   #4
NEWReptiles
Keep as close to 89 degrees as you can and keep the humidity high.

If you have any problems with the eggs just post here and I'm sure somebody will beable to help you.

Good luck....

P.S. do NOT try to seperate the eggs.......

Old 04-26-2005, 08:24 AM   #5
Vince
Cool, good luck. Let me know when they hatch!

Old 04-28-2005, 07:56 PM   #6
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Its more irresponsible of the person who sold it to you. Hope all goes well with the incubation.
Thanh,

Maybe it's a WC that came gravid from origin. I'm not sure a person that went through the trouble of breeding a pair would let go a gravid female. One way or the other good luck with your eggs. Most books recommend 88-90 F. I like to incubate mine at 87 F and they do just fine (56 days for one of last year's clutches).

Regards.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!