STEEL CITY REPTILE EXPO! September 12, 2009! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:46 PM   #1
mvite
STEEL CITY REPTILE EXPO! September 12, 2009!

I'm not an organizer or affiliated in any way---but some very good friends of mine are whipping up a new REPTILE EXPO in Washington, PA.

Check it out at http://www.steelcityreptileexpo.com

Paul Wyble and Ben Corcetti are the promoters putting the show together and they are doing it first class--and the old fashioned way--by inviting vendors personally.

Paul and Ben have been hoofing it all over the Eastern US personally inviting some of the biggest names in the business--YES, INCLUDING ME!

It's OFFICIAL! For all you rodent meat lovers, RODENT PRO has just signed on and will be there with fine furry frozen friends!

The policy is "pay first and then you will be listed on the site" so check the site there are new additions almost every day!

It's no secret that PA has one of the largest reptile hobbiest bases in the country. There are shows that come and go all the time.

The Steel City guys are working hard and realize that it's their job to make it worthwhile to visit the show. There are 2 entire buildings that can be filled. Paul and Ben have already had breezeways constructed to connect the two buildings from the weather.

There will be radio ads hitting any day--and possibly live radio broadcasts from the show.

The venue seems farther than other "local" Pittsburgh area shows---but it's much closer to the major highways--allowing vendors from the Midwest to consider attending.

I'm excited for the first show and hope to see you there. Especially if you are hot.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:13 PM   #2
Shadera
I'm not hot, but I look forward to being there. Sounds like it's gonna be a killer show. Much easier for me to get to than the Pittsburgh ones, and much closer.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:26 PM   #3
mvite
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
I'm not hot, but I look forward to being there. Sounds like it's gonna be a killer show. Much easier for me to get to than the Pittsburgh ones, and much closer.
I received a text message from your hubby that proves otherwise!

You betta be there---and bring my bro Shawn--I know the snakes are growin' on him.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:39 AM   #4
mvite
Check out the current vendor list!

http://www.steelcityreptileexpo.com/index-1.cfm

And remember--all of these vendors have COMMITTED to being there by paying their fees in advance. There's no chance of no-shows from that list---they've already paid.

Keep checking back!

Old 08-03-2009, 03:15 PM   #5
porkchop48
I am not a hottie but I will be there.

Up to 27 vendors when I checked the site. Sounds like it is going to be a pretty good show.

I am very excited it is about 30 minutes from my house :-) I hope to have a good stock of frogs by then :-)

So are certain people going to end up having "exclusives" like they do at other shows? Some times that annoys me

Old 08-03-2009, 03:24 PM   #6
mvite
As far as I know -- there won't be any exclusive arrangements with vendors.

From what I understand, Paul & Ben want to make this a hobbyists' show and are focusing on packing the house so that we can all buy what we need--and grow the hobby at the same time. It seems like every time I log on here their banner ad is at the top of the page!

I keep seeing Paul lurking here---he's probably too shy to post because I give him a hard time about his grammar and spelling.
\
I'm nearly positive that there won't be exclusive vendors---there are already a few "frozen rodent sellers"--and that's usually the part that people want to be exclusive.

Old 08-03-2009, 03:28 PM   #7
porkchop48
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvite View Post
As far as I know -- there won't be any exclusive arrangements with vendors.

From what I understand, Paul & Ben want to make this a hobbyists' show and are focusing on packing the house so that we can all buy what we need--and grow the hobby at the same time. It seems like every time I log on here their banner ad is at the top of the page!

I keep seeing Paul lurking here---he's probably too shy to post because I give him a hard time about his grammar and spelling.
\
I'm nearly positive that there won't be exclusive vendors---there are already a few "frozen rodent sellers"--and that's usually the part that people want to be exclusive.
Good to hear. I really do dislike when only one person has crickets and then they don't have what I need, yada yada yada.

I ran off some copies of the fliers and have them posted at work and a couple of the places I frequent :-)
The more people the merrier.

Hi Paul

Old 08-04-2009, 02:34 PM   #8
mvite
And ladies--stop with the not hot stuff. No one likes how they look--plus you will be dissuading attendees.

I on the other hand will gladly shake my money maker to attract people.

Edit: added--I'm doing it right now. You just cain't see me.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #9
Shadera
And for those who haven't met him, Mark IS hot. I vote for a booth to tuck a buck for usark or pijac or something like that.

I've only been to one show in the area, is there a tortoise person around PGH that will be vending? I'll be attending in hopes of finding a redfoot or a yellowfoot.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:30 PM   #10
porkchop48
Will he wear a man-tini?

I got a couple bucks I can spare :-) For a good cause anyways.

32 vendors listed on the site today :-)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ball pythons, cornsnakes, pennsylvania, pittsburgh reptile show