Who has hatched their own sharks? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Fish and Aquatics > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Fish and Aquatics.

Old 04-13-2006, 10:03 PM   #1
SPJ
Who has hatched their own sharks?

Besides me. LOL.

Egg

Brownbanded baby

Whitespotted baby

I hatch them in the reef since the water quality is more stable. Once they are feeding regular, they are moved to larger tanks.

It's not as hard as you might think to hatch a shark egg. Just need to start with a live embryo in the egg (you will be able to candle it and tell if it is viable), keep it submerged, and keep the water quality optimal. Before you know it, you will have a baby shark swimming around.

Old 05-27-2010, 12:36 PM   #2
SapphireGemReptiles
what species are these little beauties?

Old 05-30-2010, 03:15 AM   #3
glassy
Very cool! I seen shark eggs for sale at a fish store and they look amazing.

Old 05-30-2010, 09:35 AM   #4
sschind
They are relatively easy to hatch and the young are pretty easy to care for. My brother in law has hatched a couple of them. Sadly, very few of the people who buy these things have large enough setups to care for them properly for their entire lives. I know there will be debate but IMO absolutely nothing smaller than 180 gallon (6x2x2) tank will suffice for these and honestly I think even that is too small. Something more on the order of 8x3x3 would be closer.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:21 AM   #5
snakemansnakes
Are those Epaulette's?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!