DHL Lousy Carrier - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 12-27-2004, 08:09 PM   #41
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringneck_Man1
I was just saying, shipping through USPS has never been a problem, never a delay or anything like that, I wasn't reccommending someone to go do that.
That's not what you were saying on the thread you started about looking for an Amel Cal King. A few people jumped on you there when you said you ship and receive snakes via USPS.

Old 12-27-2004, 10:44 PM   #42
Ringneck_Man1
You're right there, but I also stated in another thread, that I will never send or obtain snakes like that again. Once again, I am simply stating, I have never had the USPS lose a snake, take too long for a snake to arrive, or make it so the snake wound up dead, that to me is better than 3/4 of the stories I've read in one thread about the "legal shippers." I'm not looking for a battle, or an ongoing confrontation about who's business is better, or what's legal and what's not, just stating my experiences.

Michael

http://www.freewebs.com/mikesnake

Old 12-28-2004, 05:19 AM   #43
DAND
It's the law of averages.

Quote:
You're right there, but I also stated in another thread, that I will never send or obtain snakes like that again. Once again, I am simply stating, I have never had the USPS lose a snake, take too long for a snake to arrive, or make it so the snake wound up dead, that to me is better than 3/4 of the stories I've read in one thread about the "legal shippers." I'm not looking for a battle, or an ongoing confrontation about who's business is better, or what's legal and what's not, just stating my experiences.
The thousands of shipments done via UPS, FedEx, and DHL versus your experiences of what a few dozen shipments via USPS have no comparison. I've had many shipments via the three major carriers and have not had a problem with any of them as of yet (knock on wood). Is that to say I won't? No. If you were to continue to use USPS you would eventually have a mishap, it's the law of averages.

Though I do have a question for you. You stated in the post you started inquiring about the Amel Cal King that "anyone who pays $40 dollars for shipping is a moron". Since you now claim you won't be using USPS for receiving or sending snakes, does that mean that you are saying that your customers, as well as yourself are morons? See how things you say can come back and bite you in the butt.

Old 12-28-2004, 11:03 AM   #44
Ringneck_Man1
lol nothing has come back and bit me yet, so I don't know what you're talking about.

There are plenty of other ways to ship for $20 or less, USPS is not the only one.

I'm unsubscribing from this thread, though thanks for the great conversation.

Michael

http://www.freewebs.com/mikesnake

Old 12-28-2004, 12:21 PM   #45
DAND
Quote:
lol nothing has come back and bit me yet, so I don't know what you're talking about.

There are plenty of other ways to ship for $20 or less, USPS is not the only one.
Please inform us all of the plenty other ways to ship for $20.00 or less. I'm sure there would be a bunch of others who would like to obtain this knowledge you alone seem to have.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!