Reptster Shipping - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 07-06-2008, 12:15 PM   #41
DavidYoung
Steve,

Thanks for using the service. There have been two issues with Kinkos workers refusing packages not because of Reptster, because they stated FedEx doesn't ship reptiles, incompetence.

Not a lot.

Thanks,
David

Old 07-06-2008, 12:23 PM   #42
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidYoung
Steve,

Thanks for using the service. There have been two issues with Kinkos workers refusing packages not because of Reptster, because they stated FedEx doesn't ship reptiles, incompetence.

Not a lot.

Thanks,
David
Incompetent workers is why I chose to use my account to schedule a pickup. I have dealt with the Kinkos employees over shipping basic things and you could tell they didn't have a clue. I would never trust one of those people with a live animal shipment.
A refused package makes me look bad to my buyer. The shipment must go out when promised and paying a few dollars to use my account for a pickup fee versus going to Kinkos is worth it IMO.

Old 07-06-2008, 12:25 PM   #43
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidYoung
Steve,

Not a lot.

Thanks,
David

I have never had a Kinko's or any other Package drop off center refuse a box.
But I have heard of others who have ...a simple phone call to your FedEx Rep. will get that issue cleared up pretty quick. Every one that has a approved FedEx account to ship snakes, has a Rep.

Old 07-06-2008, 12:28 PM   #44
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
Incompetent workers is why I chose to use my account to schedule a pickup. I have dealt with the Kinkos employees over shipping basic things and you could tell they didn't have a clue. I would never trust one of those people with a live animal shipment.
A refused package makes me look bad to my buyer. The shipment must go out when promised and paying a few dollars to use my account for a pickup fee versus going to Kinkos is worth it IMO.
You can pick one day a week for them to pick up, and then you will not have to pay the pick up fee.

Old 07-06-2008, 12:38 PM   #45
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
I
I decided to schedule the pickup with my account rather than dealing with Kinkos workers at the drop off since there have been a lot of issues with them and the Repster boxes so far (ie: refusing the box).
Interesting....Have you received any feedback about this David? Any chance of smoothing that bump in some manner (probably involving name recognition from within)? I know that is a problem people have faced with FedEx and Kinko's in the past, on an individual level.

Steph - I'm sure I've seen it someplace official, too (vs somebody saying it), but I can't find it right now.......nor do I have the time to really look (rest assured, it WILL bug me til I figure it out - hopefully, somebody will put me out of my misery and just post a link, lol)

Old 07-06-2008, 12:49 PM   #46
DavidYoung
Yes we have. Its due to incompetence and we will have to deal with some employees not being trained up to par. We have been checked a few times and they see our verification. However some managers dont know how to check it in the system, poor training.

I am working on getting a letter people can print out and show. But that has to go through many corporate hands before it is produced. So it may take me a minute.

Thanks,
David

Old 07-06-2008, 12:57 PM   #47
hhmoore
Well, hopefully, as Reptster grows, the box will be recognized & these types of issues will cease. of course, that won't necessarily help people using their own packing supplies, but you can't win them all

Old 07-07-2008, 09:31 AM   #48
SPJ
I'll let you know how it goes with today's shipment.
One thing I noticed is you cannot specify a business delivery. This package is going to a business and not a first and last name residence.
Hopefully all will go smoothly.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:46 PM   #49
Golden Gate Geckos
What is the difference between the Reptster box and the standard box from Superior Enterprises? In the video they look like one and the same, and the sizes are identical.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:40 PM   #50
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Gate Geckos
What is the difference between the Reptster box and the standard box from Superior Enterprises? In the video they look like one and the same, and the sizes are identical.
They are the same. The only difference is the one from Repster has a Repster.com sticker on the corner.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
repster, reptster