ship your reptiles website - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:34 PM   #81
bekers71
You do have to put in on the box. I just write every thing in regular sized cursive writing on one side in the upper corner. Still legal but not so big it draws unwanted attitudes or attention. I get packages from some of the biggest cornsnake breeders in the business that do the same thing.

I've known fedex drivers that will stand and spin a box around and around between their hands then drop them just because of what's in it. It's a shame some people treat packages that way.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:08 PM   #82
BryonsBoas
I have a question about the pick-up fee. For 1 or 2 boxes, I'm fine with the pick-up fee since its a 1 1/2 - 2 hour round trip to the nearest hub. If I'm shipping more than 2 at a time, its not very cost effective. Is the multiple fee waived for more than box being picked up or does each box get charged the fee?

Old 03-27-2009, 04:38 PM   #83
WingedWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekers71 View Post
You do have to put in on the box. I just write every thing in regular sized cursive writing on one side in the upper corner. Still legal but not so big it draws unwanted attitudes or attention. I get packages from some of the biggest cornsnake breeders in the business that do the same thing.

I've known fedex drivers that will stand and spin a box around and around between their hands then drop them just because of what's in it. It's a shame some people treat packages that way.
If I actually witnessed that, I'd get the guy's name and report him for animal abuse.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:01 AM   #84
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ophidile View Post
But I thought the law states you have to put the common name on the box?
Actually, you don't. See this thread (specifically this post with information directly from Fish & Wildlife).

Old 03-28-2009, 02:44 PM   #85
WingedWolf
That post says you either have to do that, or you have to state on the box that it contains wildlife (or live harmless reptiles or whatever) and have an invoice with the common and scientific name accessible (such as in an envelope attached to the package).

Old 03-29-2009, 06:53 PM   #86
seansexotics
I seen the raves but no one saying if they saved anything.. I shipped 7 packages and saved a bunch.

APS Account Number: P2PS********
Account Opened: March 18, 2009
Total Orders to Date: 7

Total Savings to Date: $151.98

Old 03-29-2009, 11:05 PM   #87
robyn@Pro Exotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryonsBoas View Post
I have a question about the pick-up fee. For 1 or 2 boxes, I'm fine with the pick-up fee since its a 1 1/2 - 2 hour round trip to the nearest hub. If I'm shipping more than 2 at a time, its not very cost effective. Is the multiple fee waived for more than box being picked up or does each box get charged the fee?
Hi Byron, you only have to pay for one pickup charge. Being on the outskirts, your pickup is going to happen only "by end of day", and that could be as late as 7pm.

But perhaps there are other options. You don't have to drop off your package at a UPS hub, you just have to get it in the hands of a UPS driver.

Office Depot and Staples have UPS counters. And TONS of small businesses have UPS deliveries and pickups. Vet clinics often get deliveries every day. You could hand your package off at that time. Bike shops and auto shops get lots of UPS deliveries. Grocery stores often get daily deliveries or have a daily pickup. If you look for an entry point, you will typically find one, and those entry points are free : )

Old 03-29-2009, 11:36 PM   #88
charmer
Hey Robyn!

Hi Robyn,

I sent an email a couple days back to the contact address on the ShipYourReptiles.com site and I don't know if you guys are extrememely busy or something went awry and imy email just didn't get to you guys, but since I haven't heard back yet (not even in my junk mail), I thought I'd ask here!

When I go to get a shipping quote, it give you your options and the prices for each, but I only see Next Day Air, 2nd day, etc. etc. I was under the impression that when you choose Next Day air, there are several times you can have a package delivered by? My question is, if I select Next day will it ask me during the actual purchase which time I'd like it delivered by and if not, what time can I tell my customer it would arrive by?

Thanks!
Stephanie Siebert

Old 03-30-2009, 01:28 AM   #89
xanaxez
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmer View Post
Hi Robyn,

I sent an email a couple days back to the contact address on the ShipYourReptiles.com site and I don't know if you guys are extrememely busy or something went awry and imy email just didn't get to you guys, but since I haven't heard back yet (not even in my junk mail), I thought I'd ask here!

When I go to get a shipping quote, it give you your options and the prices for each, but I only see Next Day Air, 2nd day, etc. etc. I was under the impression that when you choose Next Day air, there are several times you can have a package delivered by? My question is, if I select Next day will it ask me during the actual purchase which time I'd like it delivered by and if not, what time can I tell my customer it would arrive by?

Thanks!
Stephanie Siebert

i think right now next day air by around 10 or 10:30 i think it was is about the only option of time. i thought that is what i had heard on reptile radio but i could be mistaken. i'm sure robyn will chime in though soon and let us all know but if i am correct i think early morning is our only option through the service as of right now.

Old 03-30-2009, 02:10 AM   #90
robyn@Pro Exotics
Our goal is the best possible result for all live reptile shippers. At Pro Exotics, we have always used the standard Next Day Air option.

Both UPS and FedEx offer a late day delivery option, Next Day Air Saver in the case of UPS, and it is a bit cheaper, but delivery is not until late afternoon.

However, that does not give the shipper, or the live reptile, the best chance of success. Since we are providing the shipping interface to shippers, including many inexperienced shippers, we decided not to offer the Saver/late day arrival option.

We offer a terrific rate for Next Day Air, and for the vast majority of delivery addresses, delivery is guaranteed by 10:30am.

We have tried to eliminate as many potentially negative variables as possible, and I think this one is key. The $5 in additional savings is just not worth the potentially disastrous exposure for the live reptile shipments.

Does that answer your question Stephanie?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!