UPS Snake Awareness - "we dont ship snakes! " - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:57 PM   #31
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwyatt81 View Post
Well, I think that answer just came though to everyone, I just got an e-mail from SYR stating that they are "temporarly stopping snake shipping".
I received the same letter
Quote:
Temporarily stop snake shipping

Hi there,

Due to some irresponsible shippers, UPS has directed our customers to temporarily stop shipping snakes with ShipYourReptiles.com.
Um um...

Old 05-20-2010, 04:41 PM   #32
Southern Wolf
This was just posted over on the BOI....

Whatcha gonna do now if you havent gotten your FedEx certifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by anendeloflorien View Post
Due to some irresponsible shippers, UPS has directed our customers to temporarily stop shipping snakes with ShipYourReptiles.com.

We are working hard to reinstate safe snake shipping for our customers and the entire reptile community.

Other types of UPS-approved non-venomous reptiles — including geckos, lizards and turtles — may be shipped with ShipYourReptiles.com.

To make your shipments easy, we recommend you drop off your packages at a Staples or Office Depot shipping counter.

We will keep you updated on this matter.

Thanks for your patience and support,

-- Robyn and the ShipYourReptiles.com team
I have been in this perdiciment before... and I refused to get back into it. I had put all my faith in RIPster and had to shut down my business until I could get my own certification.

Do yourself a favor... cover yourself and get certified.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:45 PM   #33
Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
Thia may be a dumb question, but will they ship other live animals?

I'm just thinking that if you could label boxes "Live day old Chicks", or something else fluffy and innocuous, your packages may get more careful treatment by the herpetalogically challenged.
So you recommend telling people to break federal law by falsifying labels that go against the lacey act and can land people in jail ??? That's only making matters worse.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:56 PM   #34
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
So you recommend telling people to break federal law by falsifying labels that go against the lacey act and can land people in jail ??? That's only making matters worse.
I hate to say it... but isn't that what SYR's is doing as well... by asking us to not put anything on the outside of the box and draw attention to the box?

The box is supposed to be labeled in some fashion.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:02 PM   #35
Twizted Paths
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
I agree, but Helen isn't American so she's asking an honest question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post
I hate to say it... but isn't that what SYR's is doing as well... by asking us to not put anything on the outside of the box and draw attention to the box?

The box is supposed to be labeled in some fashion.

I should've finished my fed ex certification back when I first made an account with them. I knew it was to good to be true when they couldn't provide any sort of written waiver from UPS.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:21 PM   #36
Southern Wolf
I had to shut my business down for a month because of the crap with RIPster.... wont happen again. Either I will get certified or I will have to find another business. I cant put mine in the hands of others and hope they have their ducks in a row.

It is up to me... and no one else.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:06 PM   #37
HyderHouseHerps
what is RIPster?

Old 05-21-2010, 11:49 PM   #38
WingedWolf
I want to point out that my packages sent with SYR were always labeled "Live Harmless Reptiles". I had special stickers made up for the boxes. They always included a sticker on the top of the box by the label which said "Additional information under label". I placed a sticker with the species and common name, and the number of animals, underneath the shipping label, inside the plastic pouch--where it would be accessible without opening the box.
This is 100% in compliance with the Lacey Act.
I shipped only ball pythons.
I never had a problem.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:31 AM   #39
Suncoast Herpetological
Donna I am curious...what makes you think the "Additional info in pouch" is Lacey Act Compliant?

Old 05-22-2010, 01:34 AM   #40
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by liltanker View Post
what is RIPster?
RIPster = Reptster

David Young was proven here to be a bad apple in the herp industry.... basically he came before ShipYourReptiles.com

He set up the same thing with FedEx.... but he didnt tell FedEx about it

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!