Shipping Snakes UPS is Illegal - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 12-06-2009, 01:19 PM   #41
WingedWolf
It's important to note that the invoice that accompanies the box cannot be INSIDE the box. They specifically require it be attached to or accompany the shipment in a fashion that is easily accessible.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:19 AM   #42
ApexJake
Just caught with this convo. Looking to ship american alligators 1 at a time..., so now im dealing with threatened species. Does anyone has the info im looking for? it would save me a lot of time. thank you

Old 12-07-2009, 12:57 AM   #43
hhmoore
Well, as it applies to this thread, alligators cannot be shipped via UPS - per UPS policy.
They can, however, be shipped via the USPS, as long as they aren't over 20 inches in length.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:14 AM   #44
ApexJake
Thank you, are you aware of any commercial options for them, talkin 50"+ ?

Old 12-07-2009, 03:02 PM   #45
hhmoore
At that size, I would think you would be restricted to the airlines, simply due to the packaging requirements of a crocodilian that size. NorthWest Airlines and Delta have been recommended for some time (though I don't know if NorthWest's policies have changed since their purchase by Delta). I did contact Southwest at one point - I'll have to see if I can locate my notes on those discussions. For some reason, I seem to recall them not being a reasonable option; but I don't know if that is related to their policies, the process, or something totally subjective like me getting irritated with somebody on the phone

I'm curious about another issue - will PM you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!