It's Everywhere - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Fish and Aquatics > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Fish and Aquatics.

Old 12-12-2009, 01:59 PM   #1
SPJ
It's Everywhere

And I just pushed it down in the back.

Old 12-12-2009, 03:31 PM   #2
Clay Davenport
Is that Java Moss?
If so I can relate lol. I had a 75 gallon tank so full of it once the fish literally had tunnels through it to get around. I packed all I could in a 5 gallon bucket and took to a friend of mine, packed a spare 20 gallon tank full just to keep some spare around, and still packed another 5 gallon bucket full and threw out.
It's the most hardy aquatic plant I've ever had, but it'll take over in no time.
Now I do routine trimming to keep it where I want it.

The down side of it was when I was using a hang on Emperor filter on the 75 little pieces of the moss would get pulled in and wrap around the impeller, and it had to be taken apart and cleaned once or twice a month. Now I have a trickle filter on that tank and it doesn't hurt it any.

Old 12-13-2009, 03:36 PM   #3
SPJ
It's java moss. That is a 72 bowfront. A lot of moss in there. I had to move the marimo balls to the other side yesterday since they were getting buried.
The stuff gets into the HOB filter. Clogs the strainer and gets inside. What type of trickle filter are you using? I may end up switching filters.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:54 AM   #4
Clay Davenport
I'm not sure what brand it is. I bought if off ebay, the seller makes them apparently, but it's very professional looking. The corners are rounded where the plexiglass is bent rather than glued.
I use the overflow box, since my tank was already set up and it would have been a major pain to drill it.
Check ebay before you buy one though, the LFS here sell them for abotu $300 I believe, that's all inclusive, pump, overflow box, and media. I gave $150 for mine.
I moved the HOB filter to another tank that does not have java moss in it lol.

I decided to check ebay before finishing the post. looks like there's only one there. It's similar, but not exactly the same as mine.
http://cgi.ebay.com/AMIRACLE-TRICKLE...item3efafcc797

Mine has the media section taller than the side with the pump. That's a great deal there though with everything that comes with it, $150 shipped.
Ends in 3 hours though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!