HELP: how long can a snake survive in transit? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:21 PM   #1
akaangela
HELP: how long can a snake survive in transit?

Ok. Just when I thought my luck could not get any worse it did. I found out that the beautiful female albino ball python I purchased was shipped out today. The UPS people said that the "delevery" date is monday. I am FREAKING out. I don't know what to do. Right now my hands are tied, so to add to the fact I feeling worse then I was before I went into the hospital on friday, I am sick to think of this girl in a box till monday.

PLEASE someone, anyone tell me that she has a chance to arrive alive. What seems to have happened was she was dropped off on thursday (and was suppose to be here friday) but for some reason UPS didn't pick her up till today. I don't blame the shipper, but I am just sick right now and could use some positive prayers (lots and lots and lots of prayers) that she will be ok. I am going to track her and if she gets to Portland sat I will see if they will hold her up there and I can go get her. It figures my car is FUBARED and I don't have a trusty car to go and get her, but I WILL find a way if I there is any possible chance to get her tomorrow.

Please tell me it could be worse. At least it is not 100 degrees. So PLEASE pray or just send good mojo that she will be ok.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:40 PM   #2
SPJ
That's a long time in this cold.
Have the seller contact UPS and let them know it is a live cold blooded animal. Maybe they can keep it in a warm area for you.
Why do people ship on Thursdays? Mon thru Wed only to avoid mishaps.
Make sure the seller gets on top of this and keeps in contact with UPS and you.
Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 02-20-2010, 12:50 AM   #3
bamagurl76
I hope that you get your snake alive and healthy. And I hope you get well also! BEST OF LUCK!

Old 02-20-2010, 01:24 AM   #4
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
That's a long time in this cold.
Have the seller contact UPS and let them know it is a live cold blooded animal. Maybe they can keep it in a warm area for you.
Why do people ship on Thursdays? Mon thru Wed only to avoid mishaps.
Make sure the seller gets on top of this and keeps in contact with UPS and you.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Oh man, Angela! I have my fingers crossed for you.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:28 AM   #5
pythonjim
good karma thrown your way. I think she is gonna be fine. my thoughts are with you

Old 02-20-2010, 01:23 PM   #6
TailsWithScales
Prayers to you and the small one! Hope you can pick her up today!

Old 02-21-2010, 10:05 AM   #7
chamgirl99471
With Everyone's Prayers for you and her... I can only hope she's OK... One more prayer from me and my family sent your WAY!! Good Luck and Hope you can get her today!!

Old 02-21-2010, 12:41 PM   #8
akaangela
bad bad news

Thank you all for your prayers. The poor girl sat in WEST COLUMBIA, SC, US from 02/20/2010 got there at 12:03am till 2/21/10 at 139am. So basically 25 hours. I am not sure it is a blessing or a curse but yesterday was supposed to be about 60 in the highs and 40's low, so not killing temps. She is as I type at LOUISVILLE, KY, US. There is no chance of me getting her today So we will have to wait till Monday and see how she fairs. I am worried she wont be alive. I appreciate your prayers and good mojo, so PLEASE keep sending them to her. We will need something akin to a miracle to get her alive. Thanks for the support.

The biggest sucky part is I will be at work monday, so my roommate hast to pick her up. She is not really happy about it, I have done everything I can think of. I got her a nice place in quarinteen so she can warm up. It is suposed to be 25 here tonight and 34 up in portland. I hope she will be in a warm place and not out in the cold. Is it imposible for a snake to survive those tempatures?

Please, I need a miracle so keep up the good vibs and prayers. Thanks

Old 02-22-2010, 03:47 AM   #9
Utta
Its possible for a snake to survive that. Here's to her being there alive today! *sends out good karma to her*

Old 02-22-2010, 09:29 AM   #10
bamagurl76
Still praying and wishing you the best of luck . Waiting to hear good news.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!