ups failure - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:03 PM   #21
sarabellum
cool packs also work nicely. I just shipped out a bearded dragon to a place that was in the high 80s, but it arrived before 10:30 before it really got hot, so that probably helped..

Old 06-11-2010, 07:59 PM   #22
chris allen
I wonder if this is a trend with UPS lately. My last 3 shipments all got there late. First, because it was in the rural section and I had no idea it was an end of day area, because with SYR it doesn't tell you that when you book the shipment, unless I'm looking in the wrong area. It would have been nice to know being it got hot that day and I would have waited or packed differently. Second, they said the box was put on the truck for an end of day delivery, but yet the receiver had two other shipments arrive that morning...I got the run around from UPS but SYR got in touch with UPS and got it taken care of...my box and another arrived to the same receiver at 6pm(other box was 14 snakes all dead, my box fine). Then the last one yesterday, said due to inclement weather it was resceduled for today. Out of nowhere it was then dropped off at the receivers garage at 6pm and left there. No refund on that one as they said it was due to weather. I'm ready to go to fed ex.

That was my last 3 shipments.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:50 AM   #23
detretic
Screw ups ill never use them...that's all I'm saying...this has been increasing more and more

Old 06-12-2010, 02:19 AM   #24
jscianni21
ups is a joke of a company the only thing they have tto say about it is i live in a rural area when there place is literally 10 miles from house its joke and to tell me i have to learn patiance is just a joke its sad that they treat their customers this way

Old 06-16-2010, 12:03 PM   #25
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by detretic View Post
Screw ups ill never use them...that's all I'm saying...this has been increasing more and more
Every carrier has issues from time to time. Given the huge volume of packages they handle, there are bound to be some screw ups. Any time you have human hands involved in the supply train, there will be mistakes. It's unfortunate, but inevitable.

IME, FedEx is no better. I was supposed to receive a shipment today and am just now finding out that it won't be here until tomorrow due to equipment failure or something like that. Do they know there are live animals in there? Yes. Do they care? Apparently not. Best I could get them to do was make sure it wasn't sitting in extreme temps until they can get it on its way again. So I've got two grand worth of ball pythons sitting in Indy right now twiddling their thumbs.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:12 PM   #26
detretic
If I'm paying for a service I want what I paid for and when they knowingly take the animals they should have back up plans the whole way to ensure they make it there within the time that I paid for....just a o well they will be there tomorrow would not work for me...

Old 06-16-2010, 12:17 PM   #27
dragonlvr64
Quote:
If I'm paying for a service I want what I paid for and when they knowingly take the animals they should have back up plans the whole way to ensure they make it there within the time that I paid for....just a o well they will be there tomorrow would not work for me...
I am wondering if they could not make up a service specifically for animals where they DO have a back up plan. Where they have something in place for a situation that may come up where it is a mechanical failure, bad weather, ect... I would be willing to pay more for such a service.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:48 PM   #28
Shadera
Quote:
As the buyer, and not even the person who booked the shipment, what exactly am I supposed to do? It does zero good to call them up and scream at them. Except perhaps to get them to go drop kick my snakes off the loading dock.

Trust me, I'm frustrated right now. Moreso with the seller not seeming to have any interest in this, as I can't reach him via any of my contacts for him.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:56 PM   #29
jscianni21
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
As the buyer, and not even the person who booked the shipment, what exactly am I supposed to do? It does zero good to call them up and scream at them. Except perhaps to get them to go drop kick my snakes off the loading dock.

Trust me, I'm frustrated right now. Moreso with the seller not seeming to have any interest in this, as I can't reach him via any of my contacts for him.
thats not good on the sellers part because its still on his shoulders and hes not giving a rats a$$ thats not good at all

Old 06-16-2010, 12:58 PM   #30
detretic
I would let them know how I feel and when the drop it off tomorrow I would open it right away so if they where doa I would take me fist upside his head

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!