Reptiles Express, snake shipping suspended - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:42 PM   #11
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
Great, just great. I am not signing up for any more shipping services until they work out the freakin bugs.
And thus the reason I have been telling everyone they need to sign up for a FedEx account... .but no one wants to listen to me

Old 09-26-2010, 10:11 PM   #12
chamgirl99471
I did Kevin.. LOL... It's the best backup plan but I will still be using RE for lizards and whatnot when I get going again.. got some babies on the way from my buddy who breeds them.. hatches them then sends them to me to sell for him I like the compromise because I then get pick of the litters from him!

Old 09-29-2010, 03:31 PM   #13
WingedWolf
I hope they get this taken care of soon. I hate having to charge $10 more for shipments, and then not being able to ship direct to someone's door if necessary. Fed Ex may be great, but they are considerably more expensive, and not as flexible.

Old 09-29-2010, 03:37 PM   #14
WingedWolf
I hope they get this taken care of soon. I hate having to charge $10 more for shipments, and then not being able to ship direct to someone's door if necessary. Fed Ex may be great, but they are considerably more expensive, and not as flexible.

Old 09-29-2010, 03:49 PM   #15
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWolf View Post
My fedex packages come to me in an air conditioned van.... not a huge dark delivery truck with no AC. I'll pay the extra... my animals are worth it

Old 09-29-2010, 05:11 PM   #16
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeTop Reptiles View Post
My fedex packages come to me in an air conditioned van.... not a huge dark delivery truck with no AC. I'll pay the extra... my animals are worth it
It should be pointed out that not all FedEx hubs have those vans in service. The big thing to me is no residential delivery with FedEx. I know it ticks my customers off that I won't violate my waiver with FedEx and ship to their home.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:55 AM   #17
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
It should be pointed out that not all FedEx hubs have those vans in service. The big thing to me is no residential delivery with FedEx. I know it ticks my customers off that I won't violate my waiver with FedEx and ship to their home.
Right - What gets me is the folks who throw a big fit over people who ship UPS without a waiver - but will ship Fedex to a residential address. BOTH are against the TOS of the companies. I really don't find one worse than the other

Obviously I am only referring to those who ship residential... The ones who only ship commercial are following the rules

Old 09-30-2010, 12:07 PM   #18
SERPENTS DEN
I wonder what would happen if FedEx, UPS the airlines suspend shipping ALL live animals/reptiles. The way things are going you can't say it would never happen.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:10 PM   #19
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by SERPENTS DEN View Post
I wonder what would happen if FedEx, UPS the airlines suspend shipping ALL live animals/reptiles. The way things are going you can't say it would never happen.
I'm guessing folks would go back to "flying under the radar" so to speak. I really hope that doesn't happen, but I'm with you on this one... With the way things are looking, I wouldn't be too surprised.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:20 PM   #20
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby View Post
Right - What gets me is the folks who throw a big fit over people who ship UPS without a waiver - but will ship Fedex to a residential address. BOTH are against the TOS of the companies. I really don't find one worse than the other.
When it's a large company lying to its customers and in turn those customers are violating UPS policy because they're taking them by their word I find that much, much worse. An individual choosing to violate their own agreement is much different then a company violating their own agreement and taking their customers with them.

Most of us weren't aware that FedEx specifically meant business zoning and home businesses didn't count (I certainly didn't). My rep never said a dang thing about it all these years.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!