Reptiles Express, snake shipping suspended - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:24 PM   #21
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
When it's a large company lying to its customers and in turn those customers are violating UPS policy because they're taking them by their word I find that much, much worse. An individual choosing to violate their own agreement is much different then a company violating their own agreement and taking their customers with them.

Most of us weren't aware that FedEx specifically meant business zoning and home businesses didn't count (I certainly didn't). My rep never said a dang thing about it all these years.
I was referring to people who ship UPS on their own, not people who believe they are doing right because of a middle-man such as SYR or RE. I agree that it is wrong if a company (SYR/RE) is saying it is okay when in reality it isn't - but that hasn't been the case with RE as far as we know.

My point was that if you post an ad in the classifieds stating you ship snakes UPS, you will have people bashing you for this. However if you post claiming to ship FedEx overnight to your door, no one will say a word although it is just as against the original company's TOS as the other. Does that make sense?

Old 09-30-2010, 12:28 PM   #22
Kaiyudsai
My Fedex rep told me that shipping to a home business was acceptable.... And I just needed to put the business name under the addressee..... I have never had an issue

Old 09-30-2010, 12:31 PM   #23
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyudsai View Post
My Fedex rep told me that shipping to a home business was acceptable.... And I just needed to put the business name under the addressee..... I have never had an issue
That's fine, but how many people do you ship to actually have a home business license? I personally don't think it matters - just being devil's advocate here

Old 09-30-2010, 12:38 PM   #24
Southern Wolf
Do you realize how many business that make this country run that are not in a zoned business district?

Old 09-30-2010, 12:41 PM   #25
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeTop Reptiles View Post
Do you realize how many business that make this country run that are not in a zoned business district?
You can be a business without zoning - get a license. You aren't recognized as a business without a license, am I incorrect? What would be the point of getting a license if you don't need one to be considered a business?

Old 09-30-2010, 12:48 PM   #26
Southern Wolf
I have my DBA.... but Im not zoned. I file business taxes.... but Im not zoned.

Almost every small business started off in somone's home / garage until they could get large enough to afford the office space.

The internet company I used to work for started off in their living room and now they have their own warehouse and what they bring in per week would make your head spin.

Old 09-30-2010, 01:24 PM   #27
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyudsai View Post
Might want to check that again with someone above your rep. I thought that too for years before it was brought to my attention that a home business does not apply. Zoning is evidently what's important...Not business licenses or DBAs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiver of Liability for Reptile and Amphibian Domestic Shipments
J. Company acknowledges that all shipments tendered to FedEx under this Agreement are for Business to Business delivery only. No residential deliveries are allowed under this agreement.
Residential Delivery = Residential Address

Old 09-30-2010, 01:25 PM   #28
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
Might want to check that again with someone above your rep. I thought that too for years before it was brought to my attention that a home business does not apply. Zoning is evidently what's important...Not business licenses or DBAs.

Residential Delivery = Residential Address
Good to know. Thanks for posting

Old 09-30-2010, 02:11 PM   #29
TripleMoonsExotic
I can't even get around it and I have two legal addresses here. This is legally a two unit and one floor we live in and the second I run my business out of. I'm not about to go through the drama of rezoning. Ick.

I think if RE gets this stuff straightened out with UPS we may be able to start bullying FedEx into changing policy because of competition with UPS. I was able to bully FedEx into lower rates after I pointed them to RE.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:34 PM   #30
rabernet
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWolf View Post
I hope they get this taken care of soon. I hate having to charge $10 more for shipments, and then not being able to ship direct to someone's door if necessary. Fed Ex may be great, but they are considerably more expensive, and not as flexible.
Interesting....I just got certified with FedEx and my sales rep has negotiated a rate that's less than SYR and RE. We ran the same size box, weight, zip code to zip code and I'm paying about $5 less than both of them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!